CHAPTER 3

I was happy when the next day ended without a Zenzo drama. But I was annoyed when I was woken up by a call the following morning. All my grumpiness went down the drain when I saw who was calling. I loved my dad big time and I could never be upset at him for waking me up. It was a video call, so I sat up, took my specs from the bedside table and wore them. I answered the call. South Africa was 7 hours ahead of us, so it was probably in the afternoon there.

“My king.” He smiled.
“Hello my princess. Did I wake you up? I know how you love your sleep.” I giggled and shook my head.
“You did wake me up but I am not mad at you. How are you this evening?”
“I am good. When am I seeing you?”
“When you come and visit me.”

“You do know that if I come there I am going to drag you back to South Africa kicking and screaming, right?” I laughed and shook my head.
“You could never.” He also laughed.

“Anyways I am pissed. There was this crazy old man who asked to meet up with me. I thought we were going to decide serious matters. Kanti that hag wanted your hand in marriage for his son. His exact words were ‘the young princess is of age and is ready for marriage. Bonus points for being pure.’ I swear I almost knocked his false teeth out.” I laughed very loud at his annoyance.

This wasn’t the first time someone came to my father and asked for my hand in marriage and my father always turned them away. He swore to all his children that he would never force them to marry people that they don’t love because nobody forced him on his wives. He chose them willingly. So he also wanted all his children to have that freedom of choice.

“Umemulo made them think I am somehow desperate for marriage or something. People are crazy out there.”
“Yeah. Anyways do come and visit. Even if it’s for a weekend princess.” I sighed. Truth is, I had many enemies in South Africa. Because of my work, many gangsters and hackers wanted to silence me because I am unstoppable. I was one of the few hackers whose identity was not hidden. So I had a price on my head.

“Next weekend. I promise I will come.” He smiled.
“That’s my girl. So any friendships formed there?” I chuckled because he was being nosy. He actually wanted to ask if I have a boyfriend but he didn’t wanna be straight forward because, in his eyes, I was still his young princess.

“You know my friend is Libongwe dad.” He rolled his eyes and I laughed.
“Bye princess. See you soon.”
“Bye Sthuli.” I hung up and placed the phone on the bedside table.

I climbed off the bed and opened my curtains and the door leading to the balcony. I then took off my specs, placing them on the table and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a bath. When I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body, my bed was already made and a cup of coffee with a muffin was placed on the table in the balcony. That’s how I started almost every day of my life.

I went to the balcony, sat down and started eating my mini breakfast. My tablet was on the table. So I checked trending news and then I saw an orphanage burned down in Tanzania. That touched my heart. I then sent a message to my guard, Thaziba, who handled all the travelling details. I told her to book us some flight tickets and a hotel in Tanzania because we were going there the following day.

When I was done eating, I went to my closet and got dressed in a grey cat & letter graphic tee and joggers set. I wore some slippers and socks. I put on my specs, took my gadgets and headed to my sanctuary. I ordered some camping gears from a store in Tanzania and then ordered some building materials. I also ordered clothes, blankets and most things that I knew the orphans were going to need. Now that’s where most of the money I stole from rich people went to.

After all that, I went to the dining room and breakfast was all ready and waiting for me. I sat down and dished for myself some eggs, grilled bacon, tomato, pork sausages and mushrooms. Also some toasted bread. I was enjoying my food with a freshly squeezed orange juice. Libongwe entered the dining room with a bouquet of fresh red roses.

“Good morning, Your Highness. These flowers are from Prince Zenzo. There is a card.” She handed me the card. “He said he will shower you with different flowers till sun down.” I rolled my eyes and opened the card.

‘You are more beautiful than any flower in the world because your beauty is always blooming. It doesn’t wait for a certain time. Good morning princess and have a beautiful fruitful day.
Z.’ I chuckled and turned to Libongwe.

“Put them in a vase and place them in the kitchen.” She bowed and then walked out.

Few things I loved in the world are flowers, food and cocktails. I was obsessed with technology and giving back to the community. So those flowers made me tingle a bit but I wasn’t going to say anything because I knew he wanted a reaction. He must have found out what I liked. I finished eating and then went to my mini library. I took a book by H. Chambers titled Secrets & Guardians.

I went to my little garden and sat down on my comfortable couch and then started reading. I loved flowers so it shouldn’t be a surprise that I had a garden. But I was also very lazy, so I had someone who took care of it every day and made sure the flowers stay beautiful and alive. I last read Chapter 4 of the book. So, just as I was finishing Chapter 6, Libongwe walked to me with an Andreina bunch. Gosh this guy even knew my favourite florist. She handed me the note and walked away with the flowers.

‘I hope you are having a good morning. Honesty when I went to this florist, I loved most of the flowers there, so I thought you would also love them. Stay safe and stay beautiful.
Z.’

Okay. I am not going to lie. The guy was charming and he was saying all the right words. I just placed the note down and continued reading my book with a smile on my face. I read about 4 Chapters and then decided to take a break. I walked back inside the house. Libongwe handed me 3 more notes. I saw three new bunches of flowers lined up in the kitchen counter. I chuckled.

“Move them to the table in the garden.” I said as I took some bottled juice and went to the TV room. I sat down and then drank the juice. I took the first note and read it.

‘I am not going to lie and promise you heaven just because I want you to agree to go out with me. I know I am way below your league and I am basically a commoner compared to your family but all I need is a chance.
Z.’

This note made me emotional because he was now belittling himself and I didn’t like that. I didn’t like using my family name to make myself look superior to other people. I placed the note aside and read the second one.

‘Out of all of the girls
You’re my one and only girl
Ain’t nobody in the world that can match up with your beauty
Well except our daughter, but we aren’t there yet.
Z.’

I giggled and then drank my juice. This guy was really smooth. I read the last note.
‘Okay, I am not sweet talker so I have officially depleted my sweet messages bundles. But I just hope you are having a great day my beautiful nerd.
Z.’

I have never blushed this much in a day. I placed the notes in the coffee table and then opened a series on Netflix. I was in the mood for some laughter, so I played Never Have I Ever series, the second season. It had me laughing like crazy and kinda reminded me of high school. I was much like Fabiola but with gadgets not robots. I practically lived in the computer lab.

After a few hours, my chef appears with a smile on her face. Gosh, it must have been time for lunch. Time flies when you’re watching comedy. I stood up and went to the dining room where she had already placed my lunch. I thanked her and sat down. I ate my lunch and when I was done I went to the kitchen. I was met by 3 other new bunches. Yoh Zenzo.

I ordered Libongwe to go place them in the garden and then read the notes. They just contained sweet little messages.

The last package arrived at 7pm just as I finished eating my dinner. It wasn’t a bunch of flowers only this time around. There was also a goodies hamper. It contained all my favorites. Chocolates, cookies, chips, sweets, panasota with chocolate, a tub of ice-cream, an iPod, a white tee and many other things. I took out the tee. It had some writing in it.

‘Princess Lisakhanya Zulu, will you go out with me? PZM.’

God I died a thousand deaths. I went to place some of the melting stuff in the fridge. Libongwe took care of the flowers. I placed some of the goodies in the pantry. I then went to my room. I played the music on the iPod while enjoying my desert. I swear to God, this guy made my entire day and night but he would have to wait for tomorrow to have his answer. I went to bed a happy and smiling woman. All thanks to the Mkhwanazi prince.
.
.
.
#ClassicLoveStory
#MissChubbySeries