CHAPTER 20

SEASON FINALE
NARRATED

“Who is she?” the king asked.
“Thembelihle Mnguni. Born and raised in Swaziland. She has a family in uMzimkhulu. She is a very powerful white witch who performs pure magic. Trust me, she has Lisa’s best interest at heart and Lisa is going to be okay now.” Zenzo’s mom said.

2 hours passed and Thembelihle finally came out of the graveyard with Kuhle following him who was carrying Lisa in his arms. Lisa had small scars on most visible parts of her skin. They got to where everyone was standing. Thembelihle looked at everyone and her eyes set on Futhy. She smiled.

“I am hungry makoti.” She said. Futhy quickly stood up and went inside the house. MaMolefe attempted to follow Futhy. “Not you.” she smiled once again. “I will tell you why but I can’t eat food prepared by you.” everyone frowned. “The fourth wife can go.” MaDubazane didn’t ask anything. She just followed Futhy. Thembelihle looked at Mthembu. “You can lead me to the royal ancestors’ rondavel.”

“You have been to where they stay makhosi. Obviously you know their rondavel.” Mthembu said and Thembelihle laughed.
“I was led by the animal inside me earlier on. Now I am asking.” Thembelihle replied.

Mthembu laughed and led her to the rondavel. The king followed them while the others went inside the palace. They got inside the rondavel and Kuhle placed Lisa on a mat that was laid out. Thembelihle sat down on a grass mat not far from the door and looked at the king.

“Light up the incense and talk to your ancestors. Apologize for bringing Mthunzi’s mother into your lives because she is the one who did this. She had been planning her attack for a long time since her son was killed in your other son’s hands. Ask your ancestors to protect your kids and ask for guidance moving forward. They have dealt with Mthunzi’s mother accordingly. She won’t see sunrise tomorrow. But Princess Lisa has many people who wish badly upon her life. Ask for your ancestors to protect her even after you have married her off.” She said and then stood up. She headed out.

The king did as instructed and then when they were done, they went to the main house, leaving Lisa in the rondavel. They found everyone in the lounge except for Thembelihle.
“Where is she?” Kuhle asked.
“Freshening up.” KaMahlaba answered.

“Lisa should wake up tomorrow morning. Let her sleep at the ancestors’ rondavel. I will see you tomorrow.” Mthembu said and walked out. Zenzo stood up.
“We will also come tomorrow. We will just book a BnB nearby.” He said and his mother stood up. KaMahlaba looked at the king gesturing that he should say something. The king huffed and then looked at Zenzo.

“One of the helpers will lead you to Sbo’s rondavel. You will be using it tonight. See you at dinner.” The king said and then walked away. KaMahlaba quickly followed him.

“I will check Sbo’s rondavel is okay and then send a helper to come get you.” MaMolefe said and quickly headed out.
.
.
At the dinner table, everyone sat around. The kids were eating at the second dining room. Every adult was there except for Thembelihle. She walked inside the dining room and sat down. She was a bit shy now so she just dished up for herself and started eating.

“You caused quite a scene out there. Don’t tell me your friend has forsaken you.” MaDlomo said playfully and everyone laughed while Thembelihle chuckled.

“It is what it is MaDinangwe.” She shrugged. “I need tea.” She stood up and went to the kitchen. She came back a few minutes later with a cup for Earl Grey tea. “While others use coke or beer ukubhodlisa idlozi, I use tea.” She sat down and continued eating. “We can eat quickly so that we can have an urgent meeting before we sleep.” she said.

“What is the meeting about?” the king asked.
“You will find out soon enough.” She then looked at MaShezi and shook her head. “Isingaze ife ingane nikhona MaDlaba. Senadlala abathakathi.” MaShezi swallowed hard and looked down.
“The animal is back?” MaDlomo asked.

“No. I am just doing a reading of everyone on this table. I didn’t need to come here. Both MaShezi and MaCele could’ve saved Lisa. MaCele has the gift to see the future. She could’ve seen it coming and together with MaShezi they could’ve prevented it but they don’t take their gifts seriously and they frustrate Me.” she huffed and drank her tea to calm down. Everyone on the table went silent. Futhy just looked down.

When they were done eating, the helpers collected the dishes. They moved to the lounge and everyone sat down. Thembelihle sat on the rug and looked at everyone. Then she looked at the king.

“Make sure all of your children are here by sundown tomorrow. We need to do a cleansing and strengthening ritual for all of them. Zulu wives you have a ceremony to plan for. It is taking place on the day after tomorrow. Meeting dismissed but I would like to speak to the king and MaMolefe.” She said.

“Son please contact everyone.” The king said to Kuhle who nodded. Everyone stood up and left leaving Thembelihle with the king and MaMolefe.
“Is everything okay?” MaMolefe asked nervously.

“You are pregnant.” Thembelihle said. MaMolefe’s eyes popped out.
“No. that’s not possible.” She looked at her husband. “Mageba.” The king just sighed. She swallowed hard and looked down.
“It is still early. Like a few weeks or a month. You are carrying healers of the next generation. They are the most dangerous pair. You need to leave the palace and go live in another country to protect them. Preferably in Lisa’s house.”

“You mean I must move away from my husband?”
“Only after the babies are six months old. Then you can come back to the palace.”
“But…”

“These are the lastborns. It is your duty to keep them safe. They are also your children. If your husband loves you that much, he would surely visit you every month. Now excuse me. I need to rest.” She stood up and walked out. “BLOODY ANCESTRAL SNAKE!” she shouted from the corridor and the king chuckled.

“What are we going to do?” MaMolefe asked. The king held her hand and they both stood up.
“You are my wife. I love you. There is nothing that will happen to you and our babies. I will make sure of that. But we have to listen to the crazy witch.” She huffed. They went to MaMolefe’s bedroom and they changed to their sleep wear. They got into bed. “Do you need ice cream?” she chuckled and shook her head.

“No. I just want you to hold Me.” she answered with a small voice. He brought her closer to him and kissed her forehead. She placed her head on his chest.
“Do you want me to sing to you?” his voice wasn’t bad as Kuhle’s and Lisa’s but he definitely wouldn’t win a singing competition. MaMolefe just chuckled.

“No. just whisper sweet nothings until I fall asleep.” The king chuckled. He did as she wished. A few minutes later she was snoring lightly. The king looked at him with a smile on his face.
“Thank you for the precious gift my love. I love you.” he whispered in her ear and closed his eyes.
.
.
.
#ClassicLoveStory
#MissChubbySeries