CHAPTER 5

I decided to give Zenzo a chance because I had nothing to lose. He was also charming, kind hearted and very loving. But he also had a dark side in him. A dark and dangerous side. He could do anything to his enemies or people who came as a threat to his loved ones’ lives. I loved that the most about him.

We were on a weekend getaway in New Orleans. It was the first time travelling together, like a couple, so I was a bit excited and looking forward to spending time with him alone. We were staying in the St James Hotel. What I liked the most about our room was the balcony which had the city’s view and it reminded me of my house and I even requested that when I wake up and bath, I should find a muffin and hot coffee already waiting for me.

Zenzo forbade me from doing some hacking during our getaway and I respected his wishes. I left my notebook at home and only brought my iPad and phone. I also only brought Libongwe, Zothando and my other guard Zimkhitha. They were enough because Zenzo’s guards were like a whole army.

“Where do you want us to go today?” he asked as we were eating our breakfast. I smiled. It felt good to be in a relationship and be loved.
“I would like us to visit the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.” He smiled and nodded.

“Your wish is my command. Consider me your personal genie.” I giggled and rolled my eyes. “So is that all?”
“We could also go to the zoo and then take the stroll around the French Quarter. Also we should go to this famous café and get a great cup of coffee. Tomorrow we should go on a cruise in the Steamboat Natchez and then observe a festival in the Frenchmen street.”

“Like I said babe, your wish is my command. Even if you want me to swim with the sharks, as long as you’re happy.” He shrugged and I just laughed.

We finished eating and then we were driven to the Aquarium. It felt good to just be free and view fishes. Well, being with someone you like was the most exciting part. I clutched on his arm and we looked around. He asked one of his guards to take pictures of us. I was wearing a white pain splatter pattern drop shoulder oversized tee, black high waist denim shorts, black lace up front ankle boots and a black cap. He was wearing black jeans, white tee and black boots. We were kind of matching.

We then went to the zoo and I was amused to learn that he was afraid of monkeys. It was amusing to see him distance himself from their cages. But what was more amusing is that, as much as he wanted to keep away from the monkeys, he didn’t wanna keep his hands off me. So he made sure I don’t go near them.

We went to grab lunch in some restaurant. By the way, before I could even agree to go out with him, I helped him find the person who stole from him and what he did to the culprit, I don’t even wanna mention it.

“So when are we getting married?” he asked while drinking his beer.
“Next year.” I answered absent mindedly but when I looked into his eyes, I could see that he took my answer seriously. “No, I was just kidding Ndonga.” He smiled and shook his head.

“Your answer has been recorded in my brain and I took it seriously. I will send my family to your home in October and then we will see the way forward after that.” I huffed and just stuffed myself with food. “Stuffing your face with food won’t change my mind because I know too much food won’t kill you. In fact you love it.” I laughed till I choked on my food and started coughing. Well that made him rush to my side, make me drink water while hitting my back.

“I am fine now.”
“Are you sure?” I just chuckled. I nodded and he went back to his seat.

While eating and chatting, many guards entered the restaurant and just as we were getting curious about that, King Mkhwanazi made his way in with Princess Winile. My heart nearly stopped. I couldn’t believe I was about to meet my future father in law while wearing mere shorts. They made their way to our table. Zenzo stood up with a smile on his face and greeted them. I also stood up.

“Dad and little sis this is my wife Princess Lisakhanya Zulu. Babe this is my father, King Shamase and my sister Winile.”
“Hey, why don’t I get to be introduced by my title?” Winile complained while pouting. They both laughed at her.

“My daughter, don’t worry about your dress code. You are in a holiday with your boyfriend. I shouldn’t give you hell about your dress code, but know when you get to the Mkhwanazi homestead, you will be dressed like a proper makoti.” King Shamase said while smiling at me. I swallowed hard and then moved forward to shake hands with them.

“You can join us, Your Majesties.” I said while gesturing to our table.
“I thought you would never ask.” His guards brought two extra chairs and we all settled down. Zenzo was now sitting next to me. “So when am I seeing you KwaDlangezwa makoti?” he asked with a smile after the waiter took their orders. I looked at Zenzo. “Don’t look at him. I am asking you.” I giggled nervously and then looked down.

“He is my boyfriend baba. So he is the one who will say when we are going to come and visit you. I am fine with whatever time he may suggest.” I said while taking my juice and downing it.

“Even tomorrow?” Zenzo challenged with a smirk on his face. I gave him a death stare and he laughed causing his father and sister to also laugh. I was ashamed that they caught me looking at Zenzo like that. “Now my family knows just how much of a bully you are.”

“No, I am not. That’s not true baba nawe sisi.” They just continued to laugh.

All in all, I had a great surprise lunch with my future sister in law and father in law. We parted our ways as they went to the airport while we went back to the hotel. When we got to the hotel entrance, he carried me on his back which made me giggle like a cute baby, till we reached our suite. It was already late afternoon because we spend hours just chilling with his family.

We took separate showers. When I went back to the bedroom, I found a dress and sneakers laid in the bed. I giggled because my man knew me so well. Not that I didn’t wear heels, I just wasn’t a fan of them. The dress was a beautiful nude knee-length three-quarter sleeve fall dress. The sneakers were white and brown Louis Vuitton sneakers.

I Lotioned my body and got dressed. I then put on some mascara and a lip balm. You gotta give me and E for effort, right? I tied my hair to a neat bun. Thank God I visited the salon before the beginning of this getaway. I am mostly wearing hats, so I hardly took care of my hair. I had long, about 16 inches brown hair. Mom told me that my hair was only cut once and that was when I started walking. After that, she just let it grow.

Zenzo made his way in the bedroom. He was wearing a nude turtleneck, black dress pants and black sneakers. He was looking really good. I made my way to him, stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. He smiled and kissed me back. He then stepped back and looked at me while biting his lip.

“I sure chose well.” He said in a proud voice and I couldn’t help but blush and giggle at the same time.
“So where are we going?” I enquired.
“To the Mercedes Benz Superdome. There is a concert there.”

“Who is hosting it?”
“I forgot the artist name, but trust me you won’t get bored.” I chuckled. I took my bag and we headed out.
.
.
.
#ClassicLoveStory
#MissChubbySeries