CHAPTER 18

SEASON FINALE
KING ZENZOZENDODA MKHWANAZI

Prince Kuhle, Lisa’s brother invited me for lunch in his house. We were not that close but I figured since I am marrying his sister, I had to have a relationship with him and his brothers. Not become best friends or something, but be familiar to each other. Since I was in my house, in Umbilo, it was going to be quick to get to his house. I prepared myself and Banele drove me there.

On the way I thought about Lisa. Our love is still a mystery to me. Yes I managed to charm her and win her heart but I never thought I would be worthy to be loved by someone as amazing and phenomenal as her. She was like a whole package. I didn’t think I would fall for her but her big genuine heart was what that made me fall head over heels in love with her.

Our first encounter at Positano was unplanned and totally random for both of us but I think our ancestors had planned it long time ago. She looked so beautiful and so natural. Her Grace and humbleness oozed all over the place. I had to pinch myself after she left to see that it was real or just an illusion or dream.

When she said yes to me, it wasn’t because she was securing the bag or wanted to use me to reach greater heights in life. She just loved me for who I am. I genuinely thought my moods after my father’s death would push her away but she was there for me in the most difficult time of my life. She became my motivator, my cheerleader and my therapist. I knew that there was no way I could let her go and I knew that I had found my soulmate.

I got to Kuhle’s house and after security clearance, Banele drove in. we climbed off the car and walked to the door where we were welcomed by Kuhle’s wife, Futhy, who was carrying Amahle. There were so many Zulu children and since I was not good with names, it was difficult memorizing them but I got better with time.

“Sawubona sisi. Sawubona Amahle.”
“Hey Zenzo.” She side hugged me. “Come in.” she opened the door wide and led me in.
“Daddy said he won’t kill you because you paid lobola for Aunt Lisa, but if not, he would’ve cracked your skull open.” Amahle said innocently. Futhy’s eyes popped out.

“Amahle! What did I say about talking too much? You want to get into trouble with your father?” she pouted and shook her head. “Good. Now go make sure the twins are not making a mess in the playroom.” She put her down and little Amahle walked away. Futhy turned to me. “I am sorry about that. She is always sneaky and eavesdropping.” I chuckled.

“You are sorry that she told me?” she shook her head.
“No. it is common for older brothers to threaten their sisters’ fiancé’s or husband. Something I am sure you have done before.” I smirked and shook my head. We walked to the lounge and I nearly turned around when I saw Lisa’s father. “Bam! What!” she laughed. “Best mouse trap ever.” She walked away laughing. Her husband stood up and followed her. I cleared my throat.

“Sawubona baba.” I greeted respectfully. I mean I was in the presence of the Zulu king. I might be a king myself but this dude here is like God in the Zulu nation. He nodded and gestured that I sit. I quickly sat down opposite. “I didn’t know we were meeting. Or else I would’ve dressed properly.” I was just wearing black cargo pants, black and white geo print button up shirt and black sneakers.

“I love surprises because a person doesn’t prepare to be someone they are not. You catch them off guard, they hardly have time to think. They just speak truthfully.” I swallowed hard and nodded. He was wearing a black with African print patchwork with black dress pants and black Italian shoes.

“You look good Ndabezitha.” He chuckled.
“I know. Lisa’s mother made sure to prepare my outfits before she left.” I nodded again. Confidence. “So how is the kingdom? Any opposition yet? How do you find ruling the whole kingdom?” I sigh and sit back.

“It is quite challenging. I mean at some point I used to shadow my father so that I can see how he rules. I even went for training on how to be a fearless king but I am still trying to get the hang of it.”

“Well that trying of yours better be fast because you are marrying my daughter soon and I don’t want to marry her off to a weak man. You have means of being a great leader. All you need is confidence. You have to believe in yourself and do things without even getting a pep talk.” I smiled and looked down. It was like he knew I received pep talk from his daughter every now and then.

“Thank you for the advice Ndabezitha.” The twins came to the lounge and they begged for his attention. He chuckled and picked them up, placing each on his lap.
“Please don’t make my daughter a mother soon.” I tried holding in laughter but I couldn’t. I burst out laughing.

“Noted Ndabezitha. We are not ready for kids yet. We still have to enjoy marriage and adjust to being king and queen. I don’t wanna bombard her with so much responsibility that would break her at the end. All I want is a happy wife, always.”

“My daughter is very loving. She has a big heart. And she always seeks for the best in everyone. Don’t disappoint her or take her love for granted. Nobody knows this but she is my first love. When Nompilo was born, I was happy but she was, I don’t know, too much obedient until she learned about her gift. Then came Lisa, a split image of me and my female version. I love her so much. If you dare abuse or break her…” he shook his head. “Let’s just say even the Devil will sit down and take notes.” I felt that threat.

After that surprise meeting, we moved to the dining hall where Futhy and her husband were with the two older kids. Futhy dished up food for everyone and we started eating. Well I was a little uncomfortable eating in front of my father-in-law but I was hungry, so I ate like a ‘lady’. When we were about to finish eating, one of his guards came in.

“I am sorry to interrupt Ndabezitha but your wife is calling.” The guard said handing him the phone.
“Which one?” he said wiping his mouth with a napkin.
“KaMahlaba.” The guard said and he took the phone.

“Zweli and Mahle, take your siblings to the backyard.” Kuhle said to the kids and they immediately left. The king answered the phone and put it on a loud speaker.
“Mkami.”

“The child is dying Ndabezitha. They are bewitching her. MaShezi doesn’t know what to do. We are on our way home now. Please get Mthembu to come.” She was hysterical. I had never met them personally but from what Lisa had told me, she was the calmest one. The king immediately stood up.
“What is wrong with my daughter? What is going on?” he asked. His voice was shaking.

“She developed shingles baba. They are moving too fast. It’s like she has very limited time left.” Her voice was cracking and it’s like she was this close to crying. I was calm. I knew they were talking about Lisa but it hadn’t registered in my mind that she was in actual danger. I was afraid that if I accepted it, then I might start panicking and go on a killing spree.

“How far are you from home?” he looked at Kuhle and he immediately stood up. Both he and Futhy walked away.
“Three hours away.”
“She is waking up.” someone said from the background. I immediately heard her cries and sobs which made me snap out of the shock. I quickly stood up.

“Will meet you at the palace.” The king said to me. I nodded and quickly headed out. I had to get to Nongoma. But first I had to get a healer because the fact that she was in the same car with MaShezi and screaming like that, meant that something was wrong.
.
.
.
#ClassicLoveStory
#MissChubbySeries