CHAPTER 4

I stayed for a week and a half in Tanzania, making sure that all the orphans were okay and well catered for. When I left, the construction of the new orphanage was in progress. I agreed to go out with Zenzo but I said to him I will go out with him once I come back from Tanzania.

At first, he was disappointed but then he understood that I am not just a Zulu princess but a princess of the whole world. The press made sure to make the news of me being in Tanzania and helping out, trend. Many South Africans tweeted about me and said I am not a princess by name but also by actions.

When I landed in Ecuador, I went straight home and took a hot shower before heading to bed. I was jet lag. So Zenzo would have to forgive me.
.
.
The following morning, I woke up and did my regular routine. When I went downstairs, I was shocked to see Zenzo in the dining room sitting all comfortable and handsome.

“LIBONGWE!” I screamed and she was next to me in a blink of an eye. “What is the meaning of this? I thought I would go out with him for dinner but I was tired last night, so I was going to reschedule it to tonight. Why is he here, inside my house, looking all formal?”

“I am sorry, Your Majesty. He…”
“You can go now Libongwe.” She bowed and walked away. I looked at Zenzo and I could feel my anger multiplying.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE? GET OUT!” he smiled and then stood up. He walked to me and I backed away while looking straight in his eyes. He walked closer to me with a smirk. With a swift move, he held my waist and brought me closer to him while I was this close to hitting the wall.

“You look beautiful.” Before I could answer, he cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine. I froze. Like literary froze because I didn’t think he was going to do that. He backed away from my face and looked straight into my eyes. “You are so beautiful, full of innocence and life.”
“Back away from me.” I muttered.

“Do you really want me to do that?” he perked my forehead, nose, cheeks and mouth. My face went red and screw me for being light skinned because he could see that I was flushed. He smiled and stepped away. “You can have your breakfast now princess. I am sorry for invading your space. I will see you tonight for our dinner.” He kissed me and then smiled again. “I will see my princess.” He walked out leaving me shocked. Libongwe came to the dining room.

“Am I fired?”
“Get lost Libongwe.” I dismissed her and then went to sit down and enjoyed my breakfast with Zenzo owning my mind because his braveness, his hard body against mine and his lips against mine was all I could think off. I huffed. Why now?
.
.
I got dressed in a tropical print tie back dress with white lace up front skate shoes and a white bucket hat. I then packed in my things in my white small backpack. I then put on my lip balm and walked out. We agreed to meet at the restaurant so my guards were driving me there.

“Looking good as always, Your Majesty.” Zothando, my lesbian driver, gave me a sarcastic bow. I rolled my eyes and she laughed.
“Let’s go.” We headed out and they drove me to the restaurant. When we got to the mall, we went to the restaurant and as we entered, the hostess greeted us.

“I was told to give you this lily.” She gave me a single lily and I smiled. “You can follow me now.” I turned and looked at my guards.
“Make yourselves comfortable.” I then followed the hostess who led me to a table in the balcony. Zenzo was standing there looking lovely in a black Bonobos golf t-shirt, black and white cargo pants and white sneakers. The hostess turned around and headed back.

“I knew you wouldn’t wear a formal dress and heels, so I also thought I should go casual.” I chuckled.
“Glad you took your time in getting to know your date.” He smiled and opened a chair for me. I placed my bag in the table and sat down. He also sat opposite me. He uncovered the dish in front of me and it was one of my favorites. Well I had most favorites because I am after all a foodie.

“Thank you for agreeing to dine with me.”
“You left me no choice. You were crowding my personal space and even turned my guards against me.” he laughed and rolled his eyes. We began eating.  “So are you currently dating anyone?” he asked.

“I am a princess, I don’t just date unless I have an intention of making that relationship permanent. Because in the case of unexpected pregnancy, there will be consequences. We are not like men. A baby out of wedlock for us will always live like a mistake and we don’t wanna put innocent lives through that.” he nodded.

“I feel you. I know us men are treated differently when it comes to children outside the marriage. So I understand. Are you a virgin?” I stand up and smack his head and then go back to my seat. “Ouch. Okay. I am sorry. I won’t ask that again. I was actually there on your umemulo.” I smiled.

“I think I saw mostly my family and family friends there. I didn’t recognize most people. Like they were a thousand guests, so I couldn’t memorize each and every face.”
“I don’t blame you. So you have no problem with marrying in royalty?”

“It’s not something you should have a problem with. It’s something you grow up knowing that you have no choice in doing, so you are not given a chance to not feel uncomfortable about it. It’s no use really. But I wouldn’t wanna marry a prince if the marriage was arranged. If my father would do that, which I suspect he wouldn't because I am his first love, I would leave home and never come back.”

“You have no problem in marrying me?” My eyes popped out. “I like you. I really do. I love your personality, your uniqueness, your independence, and your pretty face. I am not about to flaunt my royalty to you but I would like to date you, not just for the sake of dating but for the sake of having a future with you.” I cleared my throat.
“Can I have my dinner in peace?” he laughed and continued eating.
.
.
.
#ClassicLoveStory
#MissChubbySeries