for boyfriends

SUNGHOON

The three of us were in the kitchen as I sat on a stool watching the two Shim brothers bickering and joking around with each other. It made me happy. Jaehyun had been my figure skating coach from when I was young. He was the best I've ever had for sure. He's patient and good at skating too. I haven't seen him since the wedding which was seven years ago.

He looked older and he had a short stubble that made him really look like a married man. It's hard to think this man was once an handsome guy that'll get girls and guys at his feet. Not that he's not handsome anymore.

"So Sunghoon, are you still taking up figure skating?"

Jaehyun's question made my ears perk up as I shook my head after a few seconds of hesitating to tell him.

"Huh?! Why? You were a prodigy!", I scoffed at that.

"I wish. I just practiced harder than anyone else. I am not a prodigy."

"Exactly. That was what made you one. Why did you quit?"

I didn't want to tell him the truth. I didn't want to tell him that it was because of him. Because he wasn't my coach anymore. At this point, Jaeyun wasn't here since he went to get Layla.

"Because you quit first.", We both didn't expect me to say that as we stared at each other with wide eyes.

"Oh..I see."

"Yeah. I just couldn't continue when the only coach I knew quit. I couldn't get used to others.", I explained.

"But I understand why you did. You married your childhood sweetheart. I remember being at the wedding. You guys are cute together.", I smiled up at him, genuinely happy for him.

He frowned and sat down on the stool opposite me.

"You're making me feel bad, Sunghoon. Oh..what I'd do to coach you again."

My eyes went wide as I looked at him with hope in my eyes.

"Do you want me to coach you again? I don't mind. I don't want you to give up on that olympic gold medal."

I sighed and shook my head. I'm too late. Figure skaters usually start from young. I went to some youth competitions and won but with my sudden decision to quit, my skills have gotten rusty.

"I'm 18, hyung. I'm too late. Figure skaters have short careers and rarely skate past the age of 26. You know this."

"I know that. But look at Viktor. He was your idol from young and he's 27 and still going!"

Viktor Nikiforov. He's the real prodigy. He was always my idol from young and I had to opportunity to meet him once at a competition he was at.

"Viktor! I'll be on the stage sometime soon with you!"

I didn't expect him to look at me but his eyes locked with mine as he smiled and nodded.

"I'll be waiting, Park Sunghoon."

He knew my name. I still get embarrassed at that memory but it will probably be the best day of my life forever.

"Didn't you promise Viktor you'll be on the same stage as him?"

"I did."

"So what's holding you back? Your age?"

I shook my head. It's not that.

"I have Jaeyun now. I can't leave his side."

I knew we wouldn't be able to see each other so often because I'd be busy with practice.