for broken bones

JUNGWON

I sat there beside my boyfriend's hospital bed, holding his hand tightly as he occasionally squeezed my hand to gesture that he was still alive. I sniffed and wiped my nose with my sleeve, probably covered in my mucus by the amount of times I did it.

In Yeop had his ankle in a brace and was suspended in mid air so that it didn't hurt that much. I felt a hand on my cheek as I looked into his eyes. He smiled softly which made me squeeze my eyes shut and started crying again.

"Oh my god you crybaby-I'm not dying baby so stop crying.", I obeyed, holding my tears back. He chuckled at me, probably because I look more of a mess than him.

"It's okay. You can cry.", And I did. My head flopped on his chest as I cried my eyes out. In Yeop just kept quiet and caressed my hair, patting it occasionally.

"I was so scared. It looked like you broke your ankle and you actually did!", I cried out.

I remember it so clearly. He was rushed into the ICU and I was blocked from entering so I just sat on the bench, crying my eyes out. After three hours, a nurse came out and told me I could see him and I followed her into the shared ward and there laid my handsome boyfriend, his ankle in a brace. He had just underwent a emergency surgery to put the bones into place. They used metal plates to do that and I hated how painful it sounded.

They told us that his fibula, the smaller bone of his ankle had fractured and he's advised not to put pressure on it and use crutches for six weeks up to three months until it recovers. They also told us that he was lucky it wasn't the tibia, the larger bone of the ankle. That would take longer to recover even though it was the most common bone to break in an ankle.

"I'll be okay, Won. I'm a big boy, you know that.", I let out a small chuckle at him calling himself a big boy. It didn't fit him at all. He's a man. No boy would break a bone and not even care.

I turned to him as he looked down at me with a loving smile. I reached out and brushed his long hair from his eyes.

"You're so strong. Stronger than me. I would cry multiple times after the surgery just from knowing I broke a bone.", that got a laugh out of him and it made me smile.

"I know you would. Crybaby.", he said with a teasing tone as I glared at him playfully.

"Oh my god! My baby!", a high pitched woman's voice echoed through the ward as I recognised the middle-aged woman as In Yeop's mother.

She rushed to us and gasped as she saw the position her son was in.

"Oh my.."

"I'm fine mom! It's just a broken bone, it's nothing." he chuckled, saying a broken bone is nothing.

"How is it nothing?!", we cried out at the same time and it shocked him.

"Uh..", he malfunctioned, clearly not expecting that response.

"Sir, Ma'am. Could you keep the volume down? This is a shared ward.",

His mother apologised sheepishly and rushed to her son, pinching his earlobe.

"Ow! What was that-"

"I thought I lost you.", she cried out, sitting on a chair.

"When I heard my son was in the hospital, I feared the worst. I didn't want what happened to your brother to happen to you. You're mine and your dad's only light left. If we lost you,..I don't know how we would've continued living.", she ranted out as me and In Yeop stared at her with surprise.

"Mom..I love you so much.", he finally let out a tear and embraced her mom in a hug, careful not to move that ankle.

I just sat there, crying and smiling at the sweet moment.

"Where's dad?"

His mother frowned and shook her head which In Yeop knew what it meant. His dad was still at work. He sighed and nodded.

"Well, if he visits me at least once, I won't be mad.", he joked, making his mom laugh softly.

Her mom suddenly reached over In Yeop and grabbed my hand, holding it with two hands.

"Thank you for being there for my son, Jungwon. You're a great friend of my son.", I tried not to flinch at the 'friend' part. Little did she know..

"Uh, about that..", My eyes went wide and I looked to my boyfriend as he just winked.

"Hmm? What is it?", his mom didn't let go of my hand and just turned to her son with a curious expression.

"Mom, me and Jungwon are boyfriends.", I swear I could see the moment she realised her son is gay.

"So you like boys?", he nodded with a smile.

I squeezed my eyes close and waited for a slap or something but she just pinched her son's cheek with so much love I didn't know if she was teasing or happy for him.

"You dummy. How could you keep something like that from your own mom? You know I support the LGBTQ. Heck, even your uncle's gay.", He chuckled and shrugged his shoulder.

"Uh, what just happened?", I asked, confused.

They both turned to me and laughed as I pouted, still confused. She told me that she found me cute and definitely approved me as her son's boyfriend and I've never blushed so hard in my life. We spent the next few hours talking but it was already midnight and his mom hesitantly left because her son didn't want her to stay her too long. He kept me here though, not that I'm complaining.

"I think this injury might just be another reason to quit football.", he joked, making me chuckle.

"By the way, I just texted Sunghoon and told him you're alive and Jaeyun could visit you.", The alive part made him laugh.

"Thanks baby.", he ruffled my hair with loving eyes.

I am never letting go of this handsome man in front of me. Through pain and suffering, I will be by his side and endure it with him. Because I love him.

-

a/n : thank you for 3k views and 300+ votes ! i appreciate all of you !