for moving on

GEONU

I hated alcohol but here I am downing bottles of soju like it's water. I'm not even underage yet and I stole these bottles from my father's stash. He likes to keep them in case he wanted one. He was in no way an alcoholic though. Thank goodness for that.

I hear a gasp from somewhere and footsteps getting louder as they neared me.

"Oh my-Geonu! What happened to you? Did you get these from your father's stash?"

I smiled drunkenly as I looked at the boy in front of me.

"Jake. I loooove you.", I caressed his face as I felt his cheek heat up.

"C-Come on. G-Get up. We gotta get your dumbass sobered up.", I smiled and nodded, letting him carry me up.

I leaned into his body as Jake groaned trying to keep me up. I giggled uncontrollably making Jake shake his head at me. I immediately frowned.

"Are y-you m-mad at me, jakey..? Please don't be mad..", I felt my eyes tear up as Jake held my face.

"I'm not mad. Hey, look at me.", I looked into his eyes as he wiped away my tears.

"I love you too. I don't know why you did this but I'm sure you'll tell me. For now, let's get you sobered up before your parents see you drunk. We might have to ask someone for help to buy us more soju.", I laughed and nodded, letting Jake guide me to the kitchen.

I quickly sobered up and looked to Jake who was looking at me with a worried smile.

"Are you okay? Why did you get drunk like that?"

I sighed and shook my head. It was a dumb reason.

Jake walked to my side and held my chin gently, tilting my head up. He leaned down and pecked my lips, making me smile and forget everything that I was worried about.

"I love you Geonu. You know that. You can tell me anything. If you're not ready or if it's something embarrassing, I can wait.", I laughed and leaned my head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

I had to leave him. For how long? I didn't know.

Two years later and I regretted not telling him. He's moved on and with a handsome guy at that. He looked happy with him. It reminded me of us when we were dating. I don't blame him for hating me and losing patience. I didn't tell him I was leaving and ignored his calls and texts. I ignored everyone.

I couldn't tell anyone. Not even my parents. I didn't go back to my parents house. I'm pretty sure they still think I'm missing. I should probably explain everything to them.

"Hey baby. How was your day?", I smiled softly at the sweet voice and turned to my boyfriend.

"I met my ex today. He already has a new boyfriend.", Sangwoo frowned as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault that you had to leave him."

It was. I was angry at first but I think it's for the better now. Our son needs his parents. Besides it was my fault too.

I met Sangwoo at a party and of course alcohol was there and I got so drunk I didn't even remember having sex with him. The party was way before I dated Jake so yes I was loyal to him. After a year, Sangwoo called me begging for me to be there for our son. At first, I didn't believe him. Who would?  A man pregnant? I had to look with my own eyes and it's no lie that our son definitely looked like the both of us.

Sangwoo was a high school student like me but he's taking online college classes after graduating last year. I tiptoed and kissed him sweetly. I had learnt that I actually like Sangwoo a lot. He's nice, handsome and a really great dad to our son. I hated to admit it but I had moved on.