for the future (epilogue)

JAKE

The football season was finally over and our team took home the trophy for the school and In Yeop. He actually cried when we won it. Heh. What a crybaby. Anyways, that wasn't why I was so happy.

"I got a 75! That's an A!", My boyfriend beamed as he showed me his physics mock exam paper.

My heart was swelling with pride. I actually helped my baby go from failing physics to getting As. It was a mock paper just before the CSATs but he'll have no problem with that if he keeps this up. I ruffled his hair lovingly as he giggled.

"I'm proud of you.", His eyes sparkled as he jumped on me, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, Jaeyun.", I chuckled and hugged him back.

"I'm so proud of you baby. I'm so proud.", He giggled as I whispered into his ears.

"Congrats on the win yesterday by the way. In Yeop sent me some pics of you and you looked fine in those tight shorts.", He growled in my ears, making me shiver in pleasure.

"Why the hell was In Yeop even taking photos of me?", I grimaced at the thought of my best friend doing that.

Sunghoon laughed heartily and smacked my chest softly.

"I kinda told him to do it..", he admitted with a shy look, the tip of his ears turning red.

I cupped his cheeks and pecked his lips sweetly. We stared at each other lovingly like we were in our own world. Until, someone annoying interrupted it.

"Come on guys! It's the weekend! Let's do something fun!", My brother just decides to interrupt our moment, making me glare at him.

"Whoa, what did I do?", He asked with a clueless look. I scoffed and grabbed my boyfriend's hand, pulling him with me to my bedroom.

"Huh? Hey! I got so many fun things planned for us three! Come back!", His voice got further and further away and silent as I shut the door, breathing out a sigh of relief.

Sunghoon laughed softly and went over to my bed, laying down. I joined him as we faced each other, just admiring each other. He had these cute moles that I've always loved.

"What are you smiling about?", he asked me with a slight smirk.

"Nothing. Just admiring your cute moles.", Sunghoon's cheeks flushed, clearly not expecting that response.

"You're such a cutie.", I cooed, ruffling his soft hair.

He blushed even more as he sat up, struggling to stop the blushing. I laughed and hugged his waist, laying my head against his back.

"I love you.", I mumbled into his back. Sunghoon chuckled and turned to me.

"What was that?", I looked up at him and leaned up to peck his lips.

"I love you, Park Sunghoon.", I confessed clearly.

He kept silent and I grew even more upset.

"Say it back you idiot.", Sunghoon burst into laughter as I pouted and pulled away from him and went over to my desk to be upset. I soon felt arms around my neck and his chin on my head.

"I love you too.", I smiled as I heard him and held his hands that were around my neck.

"I really am proud of you for passing that mock exam. I really think you can do the same for the CSATs.", I said with confidence in Sunghoon.

"It's in a month. I'm scared I'll flunk it when it's time.", I shook my head and looked up at him.

"I believe in you. You just have to remember what I thought you and don't panic. You forget I'm taking it too.", I pointed out.

"You only need passes since you're already guaranteed a place. Not that you'll have just passes."

I sighed and stood up from my chair, startling him.

"Where are you going?"

I smiled and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. He looked down with a similar smile of his own.

"Let's go on a date. Take your mind of all this stressful stuff."

"A date? A real date?", His eyes lit up almost like he's been waiting for this moment.

"Yes, baby. A real date.", I said with a chuckle, ruffling his hair.

"Come on, Let's have some fun. Just us two."

"I'd love that."

We went on our very first date and let me say, it was the best day of my life. Seeing Sunghoon so happy and excited made my heart swell with happiness. I love the boy too much that I'm afraid I'll never let him go if he wanted to.

A month later and we were just finished with our CSATs. As usual, I wasn't worried about mine since I have a football scholarship but I was a little worried for Sunghoon. He didn't look too good when we were making our way to the venue.

"Woo! It's finally over!", I was confused with his sudden mood change.

He was smiling and looked lively than ever. He turned to me and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"Jae, I think I did pretty well. I might just get into your university."

Sunghoon wanted to aim for my university. Why? It's pretty obvious. He wanted to always stay by my side. In his words, he couldn't stay apart from me for a day. I found it cute and it was the same for me but I wouldn't be that sad if he didn't get in. We can't get everything to our favor.

"How was it guys?", Jungwon came over with In Yeop who was no longer using crutches.

"Pfft. It was easy!", Sunghoon boasted, making me chuckle.

"Don't be too sure, Hoon.", I said teasingly as he pouted at me.

"Oh! What was the answer to number six for Physics?"

I thought back to the question and answered Jungwon.

"A photodiode is a semiconductor p-n junction device that converts light into an electrical current.", I said and Jungwon groaned loudly.

"I got it wrong!", he pulled his hair in frustration as we just chuckled at the sight.

"I'm so jealous of your memory.", Jungwon admitted with a upset pout.

"How about we have a impromptu double date? To celebrate the end of exams?", I suggested. They all looked to me as Sunghoon and Jungwon nodded immediately.

In Yeop just shrugged.

"I'm fine with it."

"Great! Let's-"

"Make it a triple date!", Sunoo announced as he and Riki rushed over to us.

We looked at each other and laughed as I nodded.

"The more the merrier."

In a flash, our results was out. I aced all my subjects, as usual. Sunghoon unsurprisingly aced all his subjects too. Getting another A for Physics. I've never felt so proud in my life and I never once regretted tutoring the cute boy that I ended up dating.

"You got an A again."

He smiled and kissed me.

"It's because you trusted me."

Here we are, packing our bags for the next step of our future together. University.

-

a/n : the book is finally over ! i've enjoyed writing it a lot and i've definitely grown more as a writer. jake and sunghoon's story isn't over just yet but i don't really feel like writing a sequel, sorry :(