Chapter 17 - Jealousy Jealousy

Adelio POV

As a time past, I already 19 and Athanasia is 14. (Don't mind me here, I just LOVE to skip time ✨)

And to be honest, these past years is kinda hell for me because all I do is sit in my office and do the paperwork while Athanasia spend time with Claude as usual.

'That kid is lucky to have a life like that' I sigh.

I stop for a minute and stare at the ceiling. "I heard that kid is going to have her Debutante tomorrow and she must be living her life right now"

"Oh how to be Athanasia" Then continue to do the paperwork.

After a few hours of working, I finally finish it. I stretch my body to let out a satisfying crack.

"Now I have nothing to do, how about take a walk in the garden?" I ask myself and then nod. "Yeah, sound nice"

______________________

3rd POV

Adelio walk aimlessly around the garden because he was in his own little world.

A sound of laughter can be heard from the distance and that made Adelio snap out of his little world.

'What's that noise?'

Being a curious person he is, he decided to check it out.

Adelio hide behind a tree and crouch down to not let them see him and most importantly he can hear what they talking about.

He watch in jealousy and sadness at the sight infront of him. His father and his sister talking happily as if there wasn't a person stalking them.

Athanasia smile brightly while tell something to Claude. While Claude just pay attention to it and nod but talk when he needed to.

'What a perfect family' Adelio clench his fist tightly that 'cause some blood out.

Adelio realize what he just did and stare at his hand.

Almost drowning in his thoughts but snap out of it.

'I should probably go before they notice me'

Before Adelio could go, he heard something that caught his interest.

"Dad, it's my birthday coming up soon. And there's my debutante too" Athanasia said.

"So I was thinking about who I would like to be escorted by for my first dance" She continued.

'i wonder who would she dance with at her debutante' Adelio thought.

"... wouldn't Felix be best?" Felix froze.

"What do you think, daddy?" She ask Claude.

Claude put his tea cup on the table. "Felix. That's not a bad choice" Claude look mad but he hide it.

"Your choice is Felix eh? Not bad but I have a feeling that she would dance with Claude. And I better go before they saw me" Adelio hurriedly leave the place.

But what Adelio don't know that Felix saw a bit of his hair and fortunately for him, Felix thought that it was a leaf since it was far away.

'I thought I saw someone hair for a second but it was actually a leaf falling down'

______________________

Adelio sit in his room and think of the event that happend before.

'Im so sick of myself, Rather be, rather be'