Chapter 23 - Lovely

3rd POV

The princess has returned, and everyone in the palace is relieved that the princess is safe. But someone is rather annoyed and in distress by how much paperwork has piled up.

Adelio runs his hand through his hair while sighing in frustration. You could see a visible eyebag under his eyes with how little sleep he was getting. He tap the desk with his pen in disapproval while his eyes held an irritating look.

Adelio pinches his nose when he hears a knock. "Come in." A butler comes in and bows in respect to the prince. "Pardon my interruption, your highness... But there is someone who wants to see you."

The prince stopped pinching his nose and look at the butler. "Who is it this time?" Adelio, who is tired of the nobles, came to him and complained about politics and marriage since the Emperor is known to be sick around the nobles ears.

"It's the young warlock, your highness." Adelio perks up. "Send him in and prepare cookies with tea."

The butler nodded. "As you wish, your highness." With that, the butler leaves. Lucas then barged through the door with a smile on his face.

"Long time, no see, prince. It seems like you're in bad condition with how the paperwork piles up at your desk." Lucas welcomes himself and sits on the couch with his legs placed on the table.

Adelio sighs. "Nice to see you too, Lucas. And yes, I'm stressed right now because of this thing..." Adelio continues to do his work, not minding the warlock. "Also, why are you being so polite and going through the entrance when you could just teleport here instead?"

Lucas shrugged his shoulders. "Hmm~ Why not? Aren't you glad that I'm here to see you first after my long 'vacation'?" There's some invisible sparkle behind him.

"Yes, yes, it's a great honor to be the one whom you visit first," Adelio says sarcasticly as he focuses on the work more.

The warlock clicks his tongue when Adelio isn't paying attention to him. Lucas snapped his finger, and now they are both in the garden. Adelio was startled when he was teleported out of nowhere.

"You shouldn't focus on that thing, and you should focus on me instead," Lucas leans in close to Adelio.

Adelio, who was busy doing the paperwork before, didn't notice that Lucas's hair is long, and his appearance is older than before. Adelio snapped out of it. "Why did you teleport me here for?"

Lucas leans back. "No reason. I just want to spend time with my favorite royal siblings."

Adelio raised his eyebrows in question. "What a nonsence." Adelio shake his head.

They walk around in the garden as Lucas feels delight that Adelio is enjoying the walk. Adelio notice that Lucas's hair is long, and it's bothering the prince with how messy his hair is when the breeze passes by.

Adelio, stop walking. Lucas noticed that Adelio stopped walking and walked up to him in confusion. "Why did you suddenly stop walking, prince?" Lucas tilts his head.

The prince creates a red ribbon and passes it to the warlock. "Here. Tie your hair with this. It's bothering me,"

Lucas chuckle in amused. "You stop walking because my hair is bothering you? How cute." He take the red ribbon and tied his hair in a low ponytail.

"There. Happy?" Lucas raises his eyebrows at Adelio.

Adelio hums in happiness. "Not bad." He continue to walk. Lucas tails Adelio in joy as visible flowers appear around him.

_____

A few days later, Adelio was walking back from the emperor palace after he sent the paperwork to Claude, who is now fine. Currently, he is going to the sapphire place when he sees that Ijekiel is going there as well.