Chapter 25 - Free Therapy

3rd POV

The palace is in shock when Jennette has jeweled-blue eyes. Roger then revealed that Jennette, a hidden princess who has been hiding her identity, was entrusted to house Alpheus. The servant gossiped about how Jennette was a princess and always visited the palace.

"-Soon, she will be officially moving into the palace as a princess." Athanasia seems surprised at the sudden news.

"This is my first time hearing about this. Why are you... telling me this here?" Athanasia asked.

 Anastacius replied. "I understand why you're surprised. Now's not a good time. However, Princess Jennette says she's a very close friend to you, Princess Athanasia."

The prince, who accidentally bumped into an interesting event, just watched from afar and tilted his head in amusement. He chuckled when Athanasia gave a scowl at Anastacius because he's using Jennette as a shield.

Athanasia agrees on letting them live in the palace. After the princess and the others left, Adelio made his way to Anastacius and Jennette, who were going to a room.

Jennette's face lit up when she saw that the prince was walking in their direction. Anastacius just smiled at the prince arrival.

"Isn't my precious nephew? Me and Jennette are going to live in the palace from now on, so you will be seeing me every day." Anastacius gives his nephew's eyes close smile.

Adelio glances at Jennette and then at his uncle. "I'm aware. You're very much made a ruckus earlier while I'm on walk."

The supposedly dead uncle chuckle. "Is that so? My apologies for making a ruckus earlier." He gave Adelio a half-hearted bow.

Adelio huffs and turns to look at Jennette, who immediately looks at the carpet when the prince glances at her.

"I also heard Jennette is your daughter, uncle." Jennette shyly looked up and was startled when Adelio stared at her.

"That's to say we're cousins and a family, right?" He finished his sentence.

Jennette's eyes shine when he mentions the word family. "You can call me brother if you want..." Adelio turned his head to the side to avoid Jennette's constant bright gaze.

Jennette beams and tackles Adelio into a happy hug. "If you say so, big brother!"

Adelio seems to be taken back when Jennette tackles him into a hug. He awkwardly patted Jennette in the head.
Anastacius covered his mouth to suppress a laugh out of amusement at the sight in front of him.

They look like a happier family than the one Adelio is currently in.

______

Currently, our favourite prince—wait, he's the one and only prince in the empire... Chill anyway— is laying in the therapy chair with his hands placed on his stomach.

He stared at what was in front of him. "Things get tough lately, and I feel like I'm having too much paperwork that i start imagine things."

The therapist or should we call him Anastacius, is staring at his nephew in question and wondering why things became like this. He holds a clipboard with a pen and scribbles whatever he thinks right now.

Anastacius wrote down on the clipboard, 'Adelio should get a therapy, wait- he's currently getting one.' He nodded to himself.

He sighs and looks at the prince, who is rambling about how he imagines things flying around him because of the paperwork that he looks at every single day in his life and that he is also dreaming about paperwork.