Chapter 24 - Don't Go Insane

"I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched."

- Edgar Allan Poe

3rd POV

Our beloved prince can be seen walking on his way to the emperor's office to deliver the paperwork.

He knock on the door before coming in. "Greetings, your majesty. Here is the newest paperwork." Adelio places the paperwork on Claude's desk, who sighs at the fact that the work is now piling up even more.

Before Adelio could leave, Claude speak up. "Adelio."

Adelio halts. "Yes, your majesty?"

"...Meet me in my chamber's tonight." Claude didn't look up from the paperwork.

"May I ask what for, your majesty?" He says it in curiosity.

Claude look up from the paperwork. "Don't question it. Leave." Claude glare at Adelio.

"My apologies, your majesty. I will get going now." With that, Adelio leaves.

Night has come, and Adelio is in front of the emperor chamber. He sighs before knocking on the door and welcoming himself in.

Adelio was greeted by the sight of Claude lying on the couch with his hand holding a glass filled with liquor. At the table, there were a bunch of liquors, some of which spilled on the floor.

The prince open his mouth to speak but hesitate and didn't speak. "..." He turn around to leave, but someone throw a glass beside his head and smash it onto the wall, letting the liquor drip down the wall.

Adelio glance at Claude, who gets up from his lying state and walks up to the prince. Claude's eyes glow and glare at Adelio, who didn't dare move from his position.

The room is dark, but the moon outside shines in through the windows. "Your majesty?" Adelio looks at the man in front of him.

"You are just a mistake, so why do you keep appearing right before me all the time?" Claude hisses when a sudden headache comes.

Adelio tries to help the emperor but stops in his tracks when Claude glares at him in filth. "Father..." He whisper.

"Don't call me that with that dirty mouth of yours. You're not my son to begin with. Your nothing but a mistake that I accidentally made from getting drunk with that wench." Claude says it with a hint of disgust.

"Why did I keep you alive when I could just kill you? That wench managed to seduce me and keep you alive against my will."

Adelio's eyes swelled with tears, and he drop to his knees. He look down so that Claude couldn't see him on the verge of crying.

He continue. "The reason I keep you alive all this time is just because I need an heir so that the nobles stop buzzing around my ears like damn flies," Claude said, summoning a sword. "Nevertheless, I don't think I need you anymore. Die."

Claude raised the sword to strike Adelio, however, Adelio caught the sword with his bare hand and stopped Claude from killing him any further. Claude's eyes widen when Adelio catches the sword.

Adelio grip the sword while fuming, his blood cover the sword and drip to the floor. He look up and glare at Claude.

"If that's what you think of me... then I don't think I can be your fucking son anymore." Adelio slowly gets up and ungrips the sword. "Oh, wait, I forgot. You didn't even once think of me as your son. So I will be just a mere crown prince." He stood tall and scowl at the emperor.