Chapter 21 - Daylight

3rd POV

After the incident of Claude lost memories, the palace isn't the same as it used to be. Why? Well... The princess seems to be a bit depressed while the prince is in critical condition.

Last night, Adelio fall into a sickness that no one knows until they found out about it after the prince collapse.

The news about the prince suddenly collapse become a hot topic among the workers in the palace and most of them are worried about their prince.

The emperor just receive the news about it this morning and quickly go to Adelio's room to check up on him. Athanasia also goes to Adelio's room to visit her brother as she also heard the news from the knight.

Athanasia run as fast as she can to her brother room but slow down when she saw Claude standing there looking at Adelio in such a grim on his face.

Claude turn around as he notice her presence. "What are you doing here?" Claude question Athanasia in such a dangerous tone while glaring at her.

"I..." Words didn't even come out of her mouth as she was too stunned to speak.

Claude tsk then turn to Felix who been beside the prince last night. "Felix, escort that girl away. I don't want to see her face here"

Felix immediately do as Claude said and escort Athanasia out the room. Felix pity Athanasia when she can't visit her own brother.

Claude turn to the servants that were in Adelio's room. "All of you. Out" The servants quickly goes out and closed the door.

Claude sit at the side of the bed and caressed Adelio hair in such a gentle way. If someone was here, no one would expect the cold hearted emperor can be a gentle person while in reality, he is cruel and can be strict when he needed to.

Claude note when a flower petal falls onto the table that beside Adelio. That flower is purple hyacinth and marigold. The purple hyacinth represents sorrow, regret and forgiveness. It can symbolize regretfulness at things not said or troubling issues unresolved. While marigold symbolize purity, divinity, and the connection between life and death.

Claude narrow his eyes when he sees more petal falls. He stand up and inspect the flowers with his hand and take one flower petal that fall and go back to his office.

Claude didn't know the meanings behind the flowers and yet he knows that the flowers had a deep meaning about it.

After a while Claude was gone, Adelio begin to open his eyes and look around the room. He attempted to sit up but fail as his body is weak with how much blood he lose. Adelio just lay there and look at the ceiling then the flowers beside him.

Adelio observed with how many flowers petal has falls and Adelio knew the meaning about the flowers as he always read a book about flowers when he's in free time. Adelio eyes seems to lose the light of it and with how much he had to suffer from this live.

Just as Adelio about to close his eyes, the door open and it reveals to be Felix. Felix who notice Adelio already awake quickly goes beside him and cried in happiness.

"Prince! I'm happy that you are awake" Felix cried out. "I thought you were going to diee!!" Felix sobbed between his shirt and calm a bit once he was done.

Felix notice Adelio wasn't responding and just stare at Felix. "Prince, Are you alright? Do you want me to get the royal doctor?" Felix about to call the royal doctor but stop as Adelio raise his hand.

"I'm fine... I just need water" Adelio weakly said as his throat is sore with how much he coughed up blood last night.

Felix get a glass of water and help Adelio sat up then help him drink the water.