16. Itsuki-sensei?!

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair colour

(E/c)= Eyes colour

(F/c)= Favourite colour

Itsuki POV

A day passed since I've left home after my fight with Nino. In the heat of the moment, when I left home, I forgot my purse that contained my card but luckily, while I was wandering aimlessly, I met one of my tutors, (Y/n) (L/n) who allowed me to stay at his place for now. There, I found proof of us meeting before, a photo took around ten years ago, but since he didn't know about it, I decided to not pry any further.

Currently, I was walking to school with him... more or less.

"Do you really need to walk so far away from me?" (Y/n) asked with a bit troubled expression.

Right... I wasn't technically walking next to him, I was walking behind him keeping around a hundred meters of distance. Even after a night had passed, I still couldn't face him after what happened last night. All because of that stupid misunderstanding, just recalling yesterday's events made my cheeks grow hotter, I hope that he doesn't notice it.

"I-I mean... if we walk together to school, you'll stand out," I tried to reason. He didn't like to stand out and for that reason, he kept his background a secret from most people.

"I guess you're right," he agreed before smiling smugly at me, "Just to make sure, you're not still embarrassed for what happened yesterday, right?" I twitched for a second because he nailed it, but I quickly replied back, "I-I don't know what you're talking about..." he observed me for a few seconds before a pleased smile formed on his face, what did that supposed to mean?

"I see," he simply said, "Oh, by the way, what are you going to do about your textbooks?" he wondered. I proudly showed him my school bag with all the textbooks, I was lucky to have bumped into Yotsuba yesterday.

"What about your wallet?" he stoically asked.

"..." I totally forgot about it, I started to panic since he started to have a "you forgot, didn't you?" face, "I may not have my wallet, but don't worry I won't be a bother,"

"Talking about Yotsuba, what's that girl up to? I haven't seen her yesterday,"

"You haven't heard? Yotsuba's helping the track field club," I explained.

"She did what?!" he exclaimed in shock, "The exams are the next week, and she's helping a club?!" he pinched the bridge of his nose as he shook his head, "Among you girls, rationally talking, she has the highest chance to fail. Fuutarou is not gonna like it," his reaction surprised me, it was something I noticed recently (Y/n) was acting more and more like a tutor but he wasn't becoming like Uesugi, he had a more flexible approach than that guy. I wonder what triggered this change.

Without any further ado, we headed to school.

--------------------------------------------------

I couldn't focus at all. I was currently in class in the middle of a lesson but my head was somewhere else, I was bothered by the fact that I was staying at (Y/n)'s house. He didn't mind but I couldn't shrug off the feeling that I had to repay him in some way.

"Nakano, please read the next paragraph," the teacher said.

Shoot, I wasn't following at all, I tried to recall what was the last thing he said but nothing, "Sure... ugh... hmm..."