17. Change of heart

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair colour

(E/c)= Eyes colour

(F/c)= Favourite colour

Nino POV

"You shouldn't have come to our lives from the start!" I cried as I slammed the door. As I heard their footsteps getting farther and farther, I leant my back against the wall as I curled up and sobbed, "It's... their fault..." I hate it, I hate it, why did I have to fight my sisters? "If... only they... weren't..." I was just trying to protect them from those two strangers clothed in tutor suits, why can't they understand how much I love them? I wasn't in the wrong, and yet why did they give me those eyes. I don't know, I don't know, why would they go so far for some strangers? I'm their sister, they should be on my side. Just why? I don't understand, they don't understand... someone, please, understand me!
I sobbed until I fell asleep.

The next day was Monday, as I got up I started to get ready for school until I noticed something was missing, "Shoot, I forgot my makeup at home. I can't go to school like this," I said as I looked at myself in the mirror, "Maybe there is a store open at this hour..."

"Your sisters are already beautiful even without it, why are you wasting your time on it?" I recalled the unpleasant words of someone, why did have to be him? If I have to choose, I hate him the most. He always goes under my skin by being smug, teasing me, and acting as if he knew everything.

My flow of thoughts was interrupted by someone knocking on the door, "Who is it?" I asked, but no one answered. I opened the door to find anyone but a small box in front of it. There was a small note on it addressed to me: "I thought you needed it. Your sisters are worried about you, please reconcile with them. Sincerely, your favourite tutor," I knew who wrote it. A sudden surge of anger made me rip it into many tiny pieces, I almost threw the box away but I recalled what he wrote. I slowly opened the box, it contained a set of makeup. I stared at it for a few seconds, I didn't wish to rely on him, but I reluctantly took his gift.

After I put on my makeup and looked at the mirror, I noticed something different about the set. The colours palette was lighter, it was different from what I usually use, of course, he didn't know what kind I use but at least he got the brand right. I was sure I have seen this set somewhere, I took the phone to make quick research, "No way..." I muttered surprised, what I had in my hand was the new set of my favourite brand that was going to be launched this winter, I planned to buy it as soon as it came out, it shouldn't be out yet, how did he get his hands on it?

My head was filled with questions, but I just shrugged them off after I saw the time, "I'm going to be late," I grabbed my bag and left my room.

I was able to reach school on time but someone else arrived too. My sister Itsuki was lively chatting with him, what an unsightly view but it was not my business.

(Timeskip brought to you by Nino fixing her ribbons)

The bell rang marking the end of the classes, I quickly packed my stuff ready to leave. On my way home, I was stopped by a pest.

"Hey," he casually greeted me. I just ignored him and passed through, "I see, you're wearing the makeup I gave you," he stated, "How did you get it?" I asked, "Oh, finally noticing me, aren't you? Well, I have some "friends" in the sector," he replied, "Then what about the brand?" it may be a coincidence, but I didn't think so, he was involved into too many coincidences, "It's what you usually wear, isn't it? Actually, I'm a cosmetics connoisseur," he chuckled, I felt like he was still messing with me.