27. Love in Kyoto

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color 

Miku POV

"I won't go on the school trip."

His words still echoed in my head. I was disheartened and disappointed, I was really looking forward to visiting Kyoto with him. I was even able to prepare edible cinnamon rolls for the occasion, but it seemed I will eat them alone. 

In the end, I formed a group with my sisters, and two days of the trip passed as swiftly as the wind. It wasn't my first time in Kyoto. I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy it, but I couldn't help but think that it'd have been funnier if he was here with me. We would have talked about Sengoku Generals and History facts as we sightsaw the city just the two of us... but I must face the reality that he couldn't make it. 

It came as a surprise when Nino suddenly revealed her feelings for him. To think that one of my sisters has fallen in love with the same person, and I have my suspicion that Ichika also did. It was I who told her to not hold back for my sake and as a result, she scored higher marks than me, and I wasn't able to confess my love to him. I didn't hold a grudge or anything, she won fair and square, that was all.

Among everything we could fight for, we had to fight for the same man. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned about them. Ichika's maturity and Nino's boldness were traits that he was fond of, but I won't give up so easily.

It was the last day of the trip, and each member of each group went to their own separate way to visit their preferred places. 

I went to see the old part of Kyoto with its traditional building and atmosphere. He would have liked it as well... 

"Hey, why the long face, shouldn't you enjoy it with a smile?"

I recognized this voice, I didn't even realize I was hanging my head down. I raised it to face the source of the voice.

"What are you doing here, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) POV

Man, I couldn't believe I came to Kyoto even though I said I couldn't make it. The last task I had on my agenda was here, and now it was done. Compared to the other tasks, it was easier but at the same time, it was troublesome on its own. 

I had to call off the engagement that my family tried to set me, and for some sort of cruel joke, their household was here, the Shinomiya. Shinomiya Group, a conglomerate that was on par with our (L/N) Group, this engagement would have brought huge benefits to both sides. I was supposed to get engaged with the youngest daughter of Shinomiya, who was around my age. 

I just met her once and the impression she gave me was cold. It was a mere formal meeting where we greeted the other party, we avoided talking for the most part. To be honest she wasn't my type at all. Since I didn't know her I could just give an opinion on her appearance, which was kinda lacking in some parts... her retainer was more my type, she got that straightforward aura around her. 

I must keep my opinion to myself if I didn't want to anger some people, mostly Nino...

It caught me off how smoothly the procedure went, I feel like there was some work from behind the scene that I wasn't aware of.  

Now I was officially free from all those engagement and marriage talks, so something like falling in love with someone I like wasn't a mere dream anymore.