chapter 2 ; dresses and claws

A.N : hey everyone ! thanks for taking your time out and reading this !

Hayley's pov :

After a little conversation with the evil hybrid, Niklaus Mikaelson and after throwing a few subtle and playful insults at him, I turned on my heel and started walking off to find Tyler and his girlfriend Caroline. From what I've heard from Tyler, Caroline is a sweet girl and I was really looking forward to meeting her but before I got a chance to introduce myself to Caroline, Klaus intervened which resulted in Tyler and Caroline leaving me with him for a few moments so Tyler could cool off and heal. They didn't need to mention the reason behind them leaving me alone with Klaus though. I already understood and Klaus doesn't scare me at all. I know that others quake at even the mention of him but here I am, in all flesh and bone, without even a hair on my body being touched. I guess being unfazed is what keeps Klaus in line. These things were running round my mind as I was walking around looking everywhere but in front of me which resulted in me bumping at someone and slipping. I mentally prepared myself to get embarrassed infront of hundreds and hit the floor. But that remained just in my mind as I felt a muscular pair of arms wrap around my waist and catch me. I opened my eyes which I hadn't realised were closed to look up at the person whose arms I was in. I look up to see a man with icy blue eyes, pale skin, raven hair and striking features. I bat my eyes and let out a small sigh and find him smiling at me. He was one beautiful man. As he smiled at me, I smiled shyly too. I don't know why I got shy. I am never one to get all shy and soft. He soon held me up straight so I was stood infront of him, a few inches of gap between our bodies as he had removed his hands from around my waist. I looked down at my feet and steadied them and then looked back up at him. "Are you okay?" , his deep voice asked. "Thanks to you that I didn't trip. I'm all good". I said and smiled at him which he returned. "So, you're a new face. Haven't seen you around before. May I know your name?" , he asked. "It's Hayley Marshall." , I said. "Well, lovely meeting you Miss Marshall" , he said and put his hand forward which I gladly shook. "Oh, please call me Hayley and the feeling is mutual Mr....?" , I said giving him a playful smile and arched my eyebrow in a question manner to which he chuckled and so did I. "It's Damon. Damon Salvatore" , he said. "The feeling is mutual Mr. Salvatore". I said to which Damon shook his head and said, "It's Damon for you". We both smiled at each other for a few seconds before I broke the silence. "Anyways, thank you so much, Damon for saving me the embarrassment of tripping in these awfully long heels and this long ass dress" , I said and let out a little chuckle. Damon smiled again and said, "Don't mention it. It was only right for me to do so. But I must say, those 'awfully long heels and huge ass dress' do make you look stunning". I blushed a little at his compliment. "Thank you for the complement, Damon and I realize I shouldn't be keeping you any longer than this and interrupt your time in here. You must have people to talk to" , I said. "No, Hayley, really. It was lovely meeting you and can I tell you a thing?", he said, motioning with his fingers for me to lean a little forward as he did the same, reaching out for my ears. "This ball and all the dancing is hideous". He said in a manner of joke but I could tell it was part serious and I laughed a little, now both of us leaning back. "Trust me, I know. I despise these sort of gatherings. I decided on attending this one just for Tyler since he wanted to see Caroline as soon as possible and with being away from Mystic Falls for sometime and with that devil's pawn of a hybrid being here, he wanted me to come along as he said it would make him feel better but look now, Klaus scared him and Caroline away, leaving me alone and I had to speak to Klaus' annoying ass which I don't know why everyone is afraid of. He is straight up annoying and not scary", I said rolling my eyes at the last part. Damon couldn't helped but laugh at me being irritated by Klaus. "Be Careful, he can hear you, you know. With all the vampire superhearing", he said pointing his index towards his ear and a little smirk which I understood. Damon was a vampire. I smirked and said, "Well I have claws to scratch those pretty little ears of his. Not that it will subtract a few years from his eternal life of being a dick", I said. Damon laughed and looked amused at my comment. "Let's stop with all the Klaus-y talk and get you a drink shall we?", he said holding his arm out which I took. "Gladly", I said and took off with him towards the bar. Honestly speaking, I was enjoying Damon's company and had forgotten about looking for Caroline and Tyler.

Damon's pov :

I was walking around aimlessly the ball room when a beautiful brunette bumped into me. She lost her balance and was about to fall when I had caught her and looked at her face. She had beautiful green eyes, olive skin, pink lips, high cheekbones and a sharp nose. We started a brief conversation which led to us learning each others' name and nature. Hayley was a werewolf and it amused me 'cause c'mon, anyone who laid eyes on Tyler Lockwood knowing he is a werewolf wouldn't think that it was impossible for someone as pretty as Hayley to belong to the same species. Hayley and me talked a bit before walking away to get a drink.

We reached the bar and I helped Hayley out with her dress. I looked at her straight in the eyes and she did the same. Her cheeks glowed a shade of light pink and I smiled at it. She broke the eye lock and looked down and smiled.

After a few moments, I call for the bartender. "A classic bourbon for me and a red wine for the lady, please", I told the bartender and he walked away to get us our drinks. "Hmm, red wine for the lady, a total charmer you are, Damon, I see", Hayley said and smirked at me playfully. "With a lady as exquisite as you by my side, it's impossible not to", I returned the gesture and said it dramatically. Hayley started laughing at this and so did I. Her laugh was contagious and she looked beautiful while doing so. The rest of the time waiting for the bartender to arrive with our drinks passed by as Hayley and I talked and I found myself getting intrigued and smitten by her.

A.N : SECOND CHAPTER IS DONE !!!! So I've read a lot of Elijah-Hayley-Klaus love triangles and since we did not get a single scene of Damon and Hayley together, I decided on doing something different ! Anyways, do let me know if you like it and do vote ! Much love everyone ❤️