2.

Jungkook always believed that absence made the heart grow fonder but tonight, he welcomed the unattended call or show from his girlfriend. The 6 hours on the plane and half an hour cab ride to his studio apartment failed to wipe away the image of the girl he saw at Suvarnabhumi Airport and at this point - lying on his bed and staring blankly onto the dimmed ceiling - he can't help but feel nervous.

Is it considered 'cheating' if I think about another woman? It's not, right? It's not like I thought about asking for her number...or any other ulterior motives. Just that...

Yeah, at first it was only because she was too pretty for anyone not to stare. I just looked long enough so I'd catch the full face...cus the side profile was too doll-like...like one of those big-eyes-on-small-faces characters - collectibles in animes! I just wanted to see if those features really exists! 

But then she cried. Why? Was she leaving a precious thing behind? Is it a boyfriend? Husband? There's no ring though...maybe she missed her family so much that she got a little sentimental? But the nothingness in the way she stared...the way she walked...it resembled someone who had given up on something.

Auckland...I've never been to New Zealand before. Must be nice...the pictures are always on wallpapers so it must be. Hope she gets there safely...Google said it's a sixteen-hour journey. That's a long ass flight! Hope she slept through and didn't cry more - aishh...what am I thinking?! Why the hell am I so bothered by this?? 

Jungkook hissed before reaching for his phone - determined to distract himself now that he's in the comfort of familiarity. He dialed his girlfriend's number and waits for her to pick up. Nothing. He tries again. Still nothing. Come on - I need you to put me back in place! The third time he tried, she answered with a slur that he knew so well by now.

"I thought you'd be sleeping by now," He asked nicely, even if the loud music blasted in the other line annoyed the fuck out of him.

"Then why are you still calling?" 

He took a deep breath to calm the irritations, knowing full well that it's the alcohol talking. "I just wanna hear your voice,"

"I miss you too! There. I'll call you tomorrow...gotta go," She hung up before he could say anything else.

Well...that's that. Better than nothing, right? Aishh...calm down, Kook! She's enjoying herself...that's good. You can't expect her to sit alone while you travel around making music, can you? She has a life with her model friends...at least she's not whiny about being left for the past 3 weeks! 

Jungkook turned to look at the wine bottle, still sitting nicely in his luggage. I didn't get to buy her anything from Bangkok. She always liked receiving gifts...will this wine do? 

...

Lisa breathed in the cold air of late autumn's dusk - not minding the sappy smells of the orchard trees surrounding her. Picking the basket filled with pears she had plucked, she walked along the evening mists back to the main house of the cottage homestay. It's been a pleasant 3 months since she stepped foot in this foreign country, but she still loved the silenced air the same as her first day. Calming and reflecting...quietly and slowly healing her broken heart. 

"Ahh...Lisa! Just leave the basket next to the kitchen counter, then come have a drink with me!" Jennie, the daughter of the cottage owner, called as she saw her. 

She smiled and nodded. On top of the peaceful environment she had gotten used to, Jennie seemed to provide a good distraction so far. She's only a year older than her, but seemed to have everything in order for life. Married to a true South Korean guy, the sassy and stunning lady would most time walked with her in mornings and evenings - sharing, gossiping or whining about anything that came across her mind.