11.

She ran off. She actually ran off after that kiss! Not literally, thankfully.

Jungkook sighed for the umpteenth time of the night - recalling her flushing cheeks as she started giving all kinds of excuses to leave while avoiding his stare earlier. It was kind of funny -

I left something at the hall. I have to fetch Chae's car and drive it back home. I just remembered that I have an early morning tomorrow. A meeting. A photoshoot. A breakfast with the boss. I have cats to clean and feed - when he looked at his watch and pointed out that it's only 8 o'clock.

All kinds of thoughts ran through his mind which mostly ends up with just thinking 'she's fucking cute and for what?!'. Things he could say to make her stay longer. Things he could do to make her feel better. But thanks to the right kind of upbringing from his parents, Jungkook chose to respect the invisible bubble she had created without taking it negatively.

That kind of girl doesn't come easily. I've waited so long to just talk to her, get to know her. Obviously, I can't expect her to just fall for me overnight! He tries his best to rid of the wishing well deep in his guts. I'm sure she's just confused...she'll need some time. Look on the bright side, Kook - at least she left you her phone number!

...

"Lis, you hear me?" Jisoo snapped her fingers and saw the slight flinch on Lisa's shoulders. "What's up with you? You've been zoning out a lot for the past few days -"

"No, I haven't!" She squeaked a little too loud. 

"Yes, you have. She's been replying my messages late too," Jennie rolled her eyes and lands to Jisoo - who's still frowning deeply at her. "Is it cus you feel lonely in the house since Chae's not around? Is that it? I told you, you can always crash at my place -"

"That's not it, unnie," In truth, she replied late because she had to open the messages late to avoid being seen as 'Online'!

"Then what is it?"

It's the guy. And the guilt. And the suppressing urge to say something but an equal amount of force to not. But of course, she can't say any of these out loud. I mean...it's probably too late now. He's surely moved on after the third day of zero replies and all unanswered calls. 

She wasn't supposed to regret it. She told herself not to. But it's getting hard to avoid that little feeling screaming in her chest. Those sayings pointing out that Jeon Jungkook might be better than the canvas she painted in her mind. 

The thing is, the more she thought and missed his charms and looks, the harder it is to believe that he's actually different than the boy who broke her heart. They're both good with words. Both knows exactly how to look at her and make her knees go weak. Although she can confidently confirms that Jungkook has the feature of the gods and that he's better at kissing her - but that's probably because she can't remember much good details about her ex!

"There she goes again - drifting off! Yahh Lalisa!!"

Hmm? She blinked - earning two hard frowns from her unnies. "Sorry, I just have a lot of things in my mind,"

"Kim Jisoo, have you been overworking the poor girl??" Jennie hissed.

"I only gave her one project this month! How else do you think she'd get all this free time to have long lunches with us??" 

That's true...maybe I need more projects to get my mind off the charmer. "I have too much free time. Unnie, give me more work!"

"I told you - not until you tell us what happened with the stripper -"