26.

A week later and it's a different air that she started breathing. One that resembles freedom. She remembers how desperately heavy her feet felt when she first took that flight away from home 2 years ago. She remembers asking for the universe to make sense, or to turn back the clocks so she could start over.

To the only time when she's ever allowed to shout were in her dreams. To when all of her angers were suppressed deep in her guts, being asked to sit straighter or smile politely, regardless of any weather. To when no serpent tongues were permitted to cast off any bad omens. To keep everything about her wildness away.

She remembers how her tears and nerves stopped herself from writing anything in the travel planner and what a waste it's been since she bought it for nothing. She remembers every walk she took in the mornings and evenings of April, those gentle winds of Auckland passing loose through strands of her hair. It was blissful.

And she remembers the first drop of winter she felt on the palm of her hand, here in Seoul. The same day when she first looked into his eyes, as she was told. She recalls hiding her bitter soul until she was brought back into survival. So here she is, crossing the road that was her life...for a second chance at redemption.

Stepping out of Incheon Airport, she called her parents before dialing for Jennie. Lisa smiled to herself while waiting for the unnie to pick up, recalling her mother's still-worried voice of 'just let us know if you need more money...in case your friend had rented out the house'. It's a wonder really, that the tears they shed together before she left didn't reflect any unspoken disappointment. 

"Lisa?? Why are you calling this late? Is everything okay?" The anxious voice is heartwarming for her to hear.

"Sorry unnie...I just wanted to tell you first before you hear it from Chae,"

"What? What is it?"

"I um..." She tries to purse her excited grin but it's too hard. "I just got back...I'm in Seoul,"

"You're...this isn't a joke - you're not joking, right?"

"I'm bad at lying,"

The loud scream at the end of the line had her pull the phone slightly away from her ears. Gosh this unnie! 

"Who are you with now? Do you need a ride? I can wake Tae up -"

"No, no! There's a lot of cabs here. I'll just get one,"

"Still, you must have a lot of things with you - wait, how long are you staying for?"

"I have a luggage with me...more is coming tomorrow," It feels liberating to finally be at a place she really wanted to be, she could hardly contain her excitement. "I hope I'll be staying for a long time, unnie,"

Another scream and she squeaked a little. "Yahhh!! Why didn't you let me know before?? I could've hold up a welcome banner at Incheon!"

"It's a surprise! I'm sorry it was a sudden decision and I had a lot to take care of before I left,"

"So you're going to Chae's?"

"That's why I need to call her now. I have to ask her first...if she's still looking to rent it out. She said she left the keys at the mailbox where I left it before, but I'm not so sure," She looks at the time and changes her mind immediately. Her chest has been blooming with too much hope that she can't wait for tomorrow! "But I think...if I play my cards right, I'll probably have a place to stay tonight,"

"Play your cards right? What do you...ohhh...honey, are you sure? With what happened the last time?" 

Heart on my sleeve, and I'll take it with me. Even if it breaks my heart...even if it rebukes or scream at me, I won't run anymore. Cus that was the little girl that I was...and she wasn't that bad. That's what I want to be, and more.