7.

Lisa remembers vividly of when Chaeyoung told her that Jimin had proposed 6 months ago. Until today, it still amazes her how she could plaster the happiest smile on her lips - all the while panicking internally over her own paranoia. Her past had been haunting her nights since that day, as much as she kept shooing them away. She really tried her hardest. 

The joy in Chaeyoung's eyes as she glowed day by day stopped her from saying anything that might scare the bride-to-be. She kept reminding herself that 'just cus it happened to me, doesn't mean it'll happen to her'. Indeed, Jimin had proven to be the most patient and giving for his bride. Anything that Chaeyoung wants, Chaeyoung gets. It's really lovely to witness how the bride and groom decide things for themselves, unlike her previous arrangements.

"What are you wearing??" The shriek from her bedroom door had her shoulders jumped a little. Damn it - how high can that pitch go?? Lisa turned to find Chaeyoung gaping at her from top to toe. 

"Why - what's wrong with my outfit?" She looked down to the black skinny jeans and crop top she's put on.

"You look like you're going for a stroll at the mall! It's my shower - where's that dress I bought for you last Christmas, you should wear that," 

True...we do look like heaven and earth. She's heaven of course, in that soft pink, short, tube dress -

"It's uh..." That silk dress looked like it's made for a dinner at a 7-star hotel - wouldn't it be too much? "Isn't it a little fancy?"

"It's a fancy night! You gotta put on some efforts Lis - we're gonna look good, have fun tonight and you'll probably even meet someone,"

"It's your bridal shower, why would I meet anyone?" She laughed nervously but was met with Chaeyoung's still-dead-serious face. "I think I have another dress. I bought it...never worn it -"

"Is it a party dress? It better be a party dress!"

"It's black...and short...so I guess it could be?"

Lisa knew she agreed to attend to this night with Jennie and Jisoo months ago, but closer to the date, something felt off. The more she's invested herself in participating for Chaeyoung's wedding, the more she felt like running away. And she would've gone through with her amateur plan of 'having a last minute freelance project' if it wasn't because Chaeyoung's sudden cold feet this morning.

The amount of tears shed from the best friend just 3 days before the wedding made her feel bad. She never had wedding jitters before, so she couldn't possibly have the right words to comfort the girl. Instead, she just said 'no matter what happens, I'll never leave your side' - to which made Chaeyoung finally smile. 

By noon, she was already jumping up and down - excited for the shower. When Lisa stuttered in her 'I don't think I can make it tonight', the girl pulled an almost teary face - recalling her 'no matter what happens, I'll never leave your side'. So here she is now, dressing it down and hoping she won't feel so off about it.

"Ugh just put it on - we're gonna be late and it'll be your fault!"

"You're gonna meet them first, remember? I have to drop by somewhere -"

"I swear if you don't show up Lalisa, I'll ban you from entering this house ever again!"

"You're really gonna threaten me for life about this?!" The frown and Chaeyoung's rolling eyes looked hell-bent serious, so she sighed a 'I won't miss it for the world' with zero enthusiasm. I only needed to get the balloons...she didn't have to go psycho on me -

"Trust me, it's gonna be the best night of our lives! You're gonna meet someone, I can feel it!!"

With her shoulders lumped forward, Lisa makes her way back to the closet with silly little curses under her breath. Fuck my 'no matter what happens, I'll never leave your side'!