•2: Dem Babes•

[Edited]

Rolaker Coker

Tunde drove into the school car park and parked the car. I got down and waved him bye while slinging my bag over my shoulder. I heaved a sigh as other students and cars moved around me.

Before me was the prestigious Horizon High School aka HHS. The buildings were painted white, red roofs and blue railings. The school was known for its academic excellence and sportsmanship. Honestly, which rich high school in Nigeria wasn't?

Owned by some British couple who were hardly ever in the country. The school was principled by Mrs Ambah, our principal. A free, no nonsense woman.

"Rolake!" I was snapped out of my reverie when I heard a loud shout and before I could even turn around to see who it was, even though I knew the voice all too well, the source of the voice jumped on my back, causing me to stumble a bit, but luckily for me, I didn't fall.

"Umph! Toni shey you want me to fall down ni?" I asked giggling, still trying to steady my balance. I shrugged her off and finally turned to her direction. I was greeted instantly with a hug and I knew who it was too.

"Oh babe, I've missed you sooooo much" Ava said hugging me tighter and cooing, being her melodramatic self.

"Dude we literally texted, facetimed and all that everyday through out the break" I said laughing and hugging her back with equal energy.

"Doesn't matter" she said releasing me and almost immediately, I was pulled into another bone crushing hug by Shatoni.

"Goat I've missed you o" she said, squeezing and then releasing me, tapping my forehead. This girl wants to give me pimples sha.

I rubbed where she hit and pouted "that was completely unnecessary" I said with a frown while Shatoni just shrugged with absolutely no care in the world as if she didn't just inflict pain on a human mere seconds ago, that human being me!

I assessed the ladies infront of me, Shatoni wearing her uniform, her blazer not in sight, black Shaquille O'Neil sneakers, adding to her height, average length socks and her hair weaved to the side with black attachment. Ava, on the other hand wore white Nike AirForce ones, ankle length socks and her gigantic puffy mane of a hair was made into two fluffy buns. She also had her glasses on which just made her look cuter. My girls looked fire.

"This one that you didn't come late today, hope they didn't chase you out of your house?" Ava asked with a brow lifted, a teasing smirk trying to form on her lips.

"I'm also in shock" Shatoni said a hand on her waist, looking at me, her teasing smile also threatening to break through.

"Seriously?!" I laughed exasperatedly, throwing my hands in the air and rolling my eyes at their childishness. "Is it a crime for me to come early?" I asked.

"We should be asking you that" Ava snorted.

Let me introduce my best friends to you. Shatoni Onwuka and Ava King, my very supportive best friends, note the scarcasm. Nah I'm just kidding.

Shatoni and I go way back down to Jss2, when we became best friends. How? I actually can't remember. But what I do remember is that we didn't really like each other much in Jss1, but in Jss2, we just sort of...clicked. Shatoni has a really cute baby face, little pout lips, chubby cheeks and pointed nose. We usually called her baby face because of how she looks. The thing about Shatoni is that her body is a big contrast to her face. With long legs, tiny waist and nice figure, she was literally one of the tallest in our class, already competing with the boys. All in all, she had a perfect model body. Shatoni's a down to earth, no nonsense kind of girl. Sweet, goofy, annoying sometimes, but a darling and also a tomboy. Yes my dude loves dem baggy shirt and slacks kinda thing.