•8: Fights and Insomnia•

Trigger warning...I think?

So this chapter is gonna have a different POV👀... Proceed🙂

•••••••••••

Ayobami Ajayi

"I don't wanna go back home. They scare me" Aramide, my little sister said to me. We were in the car and were going back hone after I picked her up. I would have really loved to go for the lunch my friends and the boys were having but I can't risk it as long as he's still around aka my father.

"I'm not sure we have a choice" I said and brought her in closer for a cuddle while she pouted.

"They're always fighting" Aramide said and sighed which made me purse my lips.

In all defence, I felt bad for her. She was too young to know all these things but life made her grow up by force. Oh well.

We got home and got down from the car, with me using my left hand to clutch my bag and my right hand to hold my sister. We got to the door and slowly moved in, trying not to make any noise and see if the coast is clear. I mean, it sounded stupid since we could know by the missing cars but omo, we could never be too sure.

We always did that. Moving around like stealth spies in our own house, checking if there was trouble anywhere and then avoid it at all cost. Though most of the time, we had to be nearby in case yunno, it gets to far and they both do something they would regret. So basically, we get front row seats to witness everything even if we tried to avoid it.

"Ayo I'm not sure mummy and daddy are at home now" Aramide whispered as we advanced into the house with light steps, trying not to make any sound.

"We can never be too sure Mide" I said as I stopped in my track to listen. The house felt eerily quiet and some of the electronics were turned off. Thank God!

"Okay the coast is clear" I said, heaving a sigh.

"Yay! Let's watch a movie and eat popcorn!" Mide said, enthusiastically which made me laugh under my breath. Even with everything, she's still a happy child.

"Alright then. But first we need to get rid of these uniforms and change into some comfy clothes and make some popcorn" I said and before I could say another word, she was already sprinting towards her room.

"What movie do you want?" I shouted so she could her me.

"Cruella!" She shouted back. Gosh how many times will she watch this movie? She's so adorable.

"Yes ma'am" I shouted back and went to the kitchen. I turned on the lights, got out some corn, mixed it with caramel and put it in the microwave. I put the timer on five minutes and hurried off to my room.

I changed into some basketball shorts and an oversized tee-shirt. I wore a pair of black socks and my Nike slides, grabbed my phone and went to checkbon the popcorn.

"Mide hurry up!" I shouted, after putting the popcorn into bowls and grabbing drinks from the fridge.

"I'm coming!" I heard her say and I made my way to the sitting room and dropped the snacks on the center table.

Few seconds later, Aramide ran into the room wearing a cute green onesie that had flowers and leaves design on it.

"Looking good princessa" I said smiling at her while she gave a cute curtsy.

"Movie time!" She said and jumped on the couch and folding her legs.

"Wait o. Something is missing" I said, leaving the room. I ran up to my room and came back down with a big duvet. Just in case the AC is too much. Aramide squealed at the sight of it.