•5: Adekunle•

[Edited]

Adekunle Orenuga

(Back to the beginning of the day)
By 4:30, I woke up. I didn't need an alarm because my body was already accustomed to it.

I went to my bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked into my closet and picked a random black joggers, wore a white t-shirt and threw on a grey Nike hoodie. I wore my jogging sneakers, grabbed my phone and headphones and quietly left my room.

The house was eerily quiet seeing as no one was awake. Asin no one, I meant my mom and the housekeeper.

I got downstairs and left the house through the kitchen door. I tried not to make any noise. I got to the gate of the house and knocked on our gateman's door.

"Who be dat?" Asked Saka, our gateman.

"Saka it's me" I said to him.

The door opened and revealed the ever smiling man.

"Ah small oga good morning" he said. "You dey go for your usual jog?" He asked putting the chewing stick he was holding to his mouth.

"Yes. I'll be back in an hour. Open the gate for me" I said to him and moved to the gate.

"Okay sir" he said and picked up a bunch of keys from inside his room and opened the gate.

I got out and looked around me. It was still dark but the street lights and lights from houses illuminated the street. I connected my headphones to my phone and put it over my ears. I started playing my Roddy Riche album, kept my phone in my pocket and started jogging.

I took slow strides at first but eventually it became faster. I kept jogging for about 30mins, different thoughts running through my mind and eventually came to a stop by a bench, beside a street light.

I sat down and took off my headphones, taking in heavy breaths. I rested my back on the bench and closed my eyes, memories of her taking over my imagination.

"Yinka!" I shouted, barging into her room.
"Kini? Why are you shouting my name like that?" Yinka asked, sounding rather irritated.
"Did you steal my favourite hoodie and headphones?" I asked her and she gave a sheepish look.
"Um no?" She said, making it sound more like question.
I raised a brow at her. "Really? Cus your wearing them right now" I said eyeing her and folding my arms.
She smiled sheepishly and looked down at herself. She was wearing my favourite red hoodie, white slacks and my headphones on her neck.
She scratched the nape of her neck while biting her lips. "Ehn twins are meant to share, what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours" she said feeling rather accomplished with herself for making up such a dumb excuse.
"Oh really?" I asked and moved further into her room. I scanned around her room while she looked at me quizzically.
"Um yeah?" She said, more like questioned.
"Well then, I guess you wouldn't mind if I took..." I trailed off and looked towards her lilac dressing table. I saw what I wanted and grabbed it. "This" I said, not even waiting for her response and turning to walk out of the room with her her digital camera in hand.
"Nooooo" she shouted and rushed to meet up with me and jumped on my back, trying to grab the camera from me while I only stretched it farther away from her reach and trying to hold both me and her up.
"Don't touch my babyyyy" she whined on my back still trying to grab it, only making me to stretch it further from her reach.
"But twins should always share. What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine" I said quoting what she said earlier and dishing it right back to her.
"Nice one. Using my words against me" she said coming down from my back and moving to my front, making me put the camera behind me so she wouldn't grab it, with a pout on her face. I just smirked at her.
"Oya sorry. I only took the hoodie cus I was feeling cold and my headphones stopped working" she said still pouting.
I raised a brow at her "so of all hoodies, it's that one you decided to take abi" I said while she just shrugged. "And common sense did not tell you to turn off your air con?" I asked and she sheepishly shrugged again.
"You're impossible" I said and sighed.
"Thank you. Now gimme back my camera" she said stretching out her hand.
"Whatever" I said and handed it over to her. She grinned at me and went to drop her camera back to its position.
"Love you bro" she said to me while I just shook my head at her making my way out of her room. I lowkey had a spare one for incidences like this. I just loved teasing her. It was both fun and funny.
"Nothing must happen to them o" I said over my shoulders.
"Yeah yeah sure whatever. Thank you bye" she dismissed me with a wave of her hand and going back to check whatever it was she was checking on her camera.
I rolled my eyes and walked out of her room, closing the door with a slam.