•5b: Crushes and Bro Hugs•

[Edited]

Adekunle Orenuga

I was walking through the school's garden pathway leading to the senior block. The school was still quiet seeing as it was just a few minutes to seven. Only a few early birds like me were seen lurking around the school. I got to my class, Ss2 A, greeted my classmates that were present and took my seat at the back center.

One thing about me was that, I liked to stay on my own and people respected that. Although it didn't mean I was antisocial or anything, I just didn't want my friend circle to be excessively more than it should be. I chatted with them when I needed to and participated in group works and all but nothing more than that. Not to forget a certain someone I always argued with. I only had one close friend and that was Timileyin Dakolo aka my best friend. We started talking when I first came to the school in Ss1 and he's been my best bud ever since.

I put on my headphones and did what every serious student would on the first day. Arranged my locker. I had this weird tick to have everything organized at all times. Call it minor OCD if you may.

After arranging all my notes and organising my locker how I like it, making sure everything was secured, I left the class and went to the love garden. There I met Timi. He was sitting on one of the benches, fiddling with his phone.

"Hey man" I said calling his attention towards me.

"Guy what's up?" He asked when he looked up and gave me a bro hug.

"Nothing much" I said and we sat down. I stretched on the bench and whipped out my phone to change the music.

Since Timi was so invested in the anime he was watching, and decided to ignore my existence, I decided to scroll through Instagram.

I was going through my explore page and I would say this, I wasn't surprised to see Rolake on my homepage. Call it fate or whatever you may.

In the picture, she wore a white hoodie, her silky straight hair in natural braids, no hair added, with transparent beads. She had on one of these circle framed glasses, with her eyes closed, the rays of the sun feeling proud of her glowing skin.

She was effortlessly beautiful.

Your addiction💊🚬💉

Well she wasn't lying. Now I sound like a simp.

Yunno for someone who's always stubborn she just had a way of looking beautiful without even trying. The timeline showed that she posted it the previous week.

I like her. A lot.

But nobody knows about it, well nobody except Timi. To most people we would seem like enemies but it wasn't actually that. She didn't overly like me but at the same time, she could tolerate me. Fine, we always argued and had little banters here and there but it didnt mean we hated each other.

She reminded me so much of my sister, maybe cus we argued most of the time but I felt drawn to her for some reason. I enjoyed her presence even though I knew it would be so much better if we weren't actually on each other's necks everytime.

Was it right the way I saw my sister in her though?

"At this point, you look like a creepy stalker" Timileyin said from beside and it was only then that I realised that I had been staring at the picture for God knows how long. I cleared my throat after sensing the awkwardness of the situation and quickly turning off my phone.

I took the risk of sneaking a peek at him and saw he was looking at me with a teasing smirk on his face. I heaved a sigh and rubbed my forehead. I was feeling overwhelmed.