•7: Making Progress•

[Edited]

Adekunle Orenuga

All I have to say is that these girls are batshit crazy! I mean, who gets this excited for food? Damn.

"Okay girl we obviously just got here so why don't you go take a sit?" Ava, the half cast, asked Shatoni. She really grabbed the attention of everyone with her squeal.

"Let's just sit down" Rolake said and started moving towards a booth at the corner which was large enough for us. We all followed her, the customers already forgetting about us, although some of them still sent us questioning looks.

What is there to question? We're just hungry teenagers.

The restaurant theme had a warm vibe to it. With the interior being bright orange, red and white, it gave off a spicy feel. Most of the hardware had this crystalline touch to it in some few places which gave off a royal aesthetic vibe. I guess it wasn't spice palace for nothing. Me and Timileyin would visit here most of the time if we needed to unwind or just eat some really good, spicy food. At this point, we were already regular customers.

The place wasn't really common because where it was located was a little off the main area so it wasn't that popular. Timileyin and I found out about about it like two years ago when we had gone racing back then. Because we didn't have our licences, we decided to thread on uncharted territory and that's how we found the place. Although it wasn't that popular, whenever we stopped by it just somehow, some way, had it's own special crowd. Not too crowded, not too scanty.

"I'm doing the arrangement" Rolake said once we got to the booth.

"Sure" Timileyin answered with a shrug. I didn't mind either but I had a feeling she was going to fit me in a place very far from her.

"I don't care as long as I get food" Shatoni said lazily. The rest just shrugged, agreeing with her.

"Good! Now Timileyin sits beside the window, Ava beside and Kemi beside her" she said pointing to the couch-like seats.

"Then Adekunle, me and Toni. Any questions?" She asked after pointing at the other couch opposite the first one, a big table separating it. She looked up to us and raised a brow. Everyone had surprise written on their faces while I smirked. She wants to sit with me. Major shocker.

And that's a big W for Adekunle aka Me.

"Nope not at all. You heard the pretty lady! Move move move!" I said almost  immediately before she changed her mind and started pushing each person to their seats. Shatoni turned to look at Rolake and checked her temperature.

"Rolake are feeling fine?" She asked looking at her, Timileyin, Ava and Kemi taking their seats. By the way, Timileyin had a huge smirk on his face. Of course he did, his plan was working without him moving a finger.

"Perfectly" she said and moved towards me, using her head to point at the seat and I gladly sat down, a smirk on my face. She looked at me weirdly before rolling her eyes at me and sat down, Shaoni following after.

She smells like lavender. And blueberry. Her smell was already intoxicating me, causing me to sneak a peek at her from the corner of my eye but she was too busy admiring the place to even notice.

"How come we never knew about this place?" Rolake asked, jutting Shatoni lightly with her elbow, still looking around the place.

"No idea but if their food is good, I'm gonna become a regular" Shatoni said causing me and Timileyin to chuckle. He looked at me, sending me eye signals, his direction towards Rolake. Of course I knew what that meant.