•3: I Don't Like Him•

[Edited]

Rolake Coker

The assembly consisted of mainly the principal talking about good behavior and what was expected of us this session and blah blah blah. Like we get it! You've been saying the same thing for over four years now! In essense, it was boring, as usual.

Enough with the depressing subject. I was currently with the girls on our way to the senior block from the assembly. Talking about how our holidays went, Shatoni travelling to Paris and how she was able to sketch the Eiffel Tower, Ava going to her family hometown, Deinbofa travelling to Bayelsa then Dubai, Folakemi being cooped up at home reading as always and me in Abuja.

"It was nice sha. Kevwe and I did a lot of shopping and all, with her money ofcourse," I gisted the girls, with me walking backwards so I could face them. I mean why not?

"I have a hunch that you forced her to pay for you" Deinbofa said, looking at me knowingly.

I grinned guiltily, about to turn at a corner. "Well-" I started high pitched, getting ready to explain myself until I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't look- YOU!" I said, slitting my eyes once I saw who I bumped into.

"Me." He said grinning.

"I least expected to see you here. You know, maybe you got kidnapped by some aliens in a UFO and yunno, taken out of space, never to be seen again" I said, rubbing my chin suggestively, well aware of my friends behind me who lived for our drama.

"Oh come on sweetheart. We both know you'll be the first to hop on a spaceship to look for me" he said, cockily.

I scoffed. "In your fucking dreams asshole" and with that, I brushed passed him not before giving him the hand to talk to. Yes, I'm that petty.

You must be wondering who the hell that was. Well, that's Adekunle Orenuga, the most infuriating asshole I have ever met. He transferred to Horizons beginning of Ss1 and for some reason, he just always looked for a way to frustrate me like he found . So there had always been a rift between us and the whole set knew.

He was not ugly though, according to what I've heard. He, according to what I've heard, is one of the most handsome guys in the set. Top three to be exact. With his fair skin, nicely sculptured face, broad nose and full pink lips and nice body. Again, according to what I've heard. I don't know if he's handsome. His jerkiness has overpowered the looks. I didn't hate him though, I just don't like him.

I stumped straight to the class, ignoring all the looks I was getting from my classmates, who probably wanted to ask what happened but didn't after seeing the glare I was shooting and sat down on my locker with a humph and immediately putting my head on it.

Seconds later, I felt bodies looming around me. I raised my head up to see my best and better friends looking at me with amused expressions.

"What?" I asked looking from one person to another. Why were they looking at me like that?

Folakemi snorted and went to her seat while Deinbofa just patted my head in a pity like form, shaking her head and following Kemi. What was wrong with them?

I stopped staring at them and looked at Toni and Ava with a raised brow. Toni just took a seat on my locker desk and Ava made a gesture of wanting to share my seat so I moved for her and she sat down. I looked from one face to the other expecting them to talk.

Ava sighed and put a hand around me. "Rolake," she said in a soft voice and almost immediately, she and Toni started laughing like hyenas. I rolled my eyes and flung her hand away which she retrieved and continued laughing with Toni.