•6c: I'm Famished!•

[Edited]

Rolake Coker

Previously on Rolake
"Wanna talk?" I ask and she nods slowly
"Well-"

"I'm just tired of that place" she says sadly, but anger evident in her voice.

"Did anything happen?" I ask her, my voice laced with concern. We walked downstairs and started heading to the staff room block.

"Well except their continual fighting, him beating her up, ignoring me and Aramide through out, him drinking his ass out and calling me a disappointment for bringing home just four prizes, nothing much" she says and shrugs but you can hear the clear anger evident in her voice.

"I hate him" she says with loath and I sigh.

Bami comes from a broken home. With both parents being remarried and them giving birth to Aramide, her younger sister. Her mom remarried when she was still seven (Bami I mean) and they've been living with their sorry excuse of a husband, father and stepfather ever since.

"What about your mom?" I ask her as we kept on walking.

"Peachy," she says "well except the few minor injuries and shit, she's fine" Bami says and shrugs.

"Aramide nko?" I asked her. I worry a lot about them.

"Too smart for her age" she says and we both laugh at that. She really is too smart for a six year old.

We grow in silence and I eventually sigh heavily. "I hate this. Why can't your mom do something?" I asked her and look at her and her irises visibly dilate due to anger.

"She's too blinded by love to do anything" she says and I can see her body slightly start to shake.

I hold unto her shoulder and pull her into a tight hug. "Hey shuuushh it's gonna be okay" I whisper into her ear as she breaks down on my shoulder crying. Thankfully, we are on a lonely pathway covered by tall trees so there is no distraction.

"No it's not" she cries some more.

"Yes it is" I say softly to her and hug her tightly. She really needs it.

We stand there for a few more minutes before she calms down and wipes her face. I hold her shoulders and look at her. I smile softly and she sends me one too.

"Thank you," she says now laughing but still wiping her face "I really needed to release the emotions" she says and smile.

I send her a cheeky smile "you can count on my sis" I say to her and hug her again.

"You're the best" she says and I released her.

"I know" I said while flipping my imaginary long hair and Bami chuckles.

"Let's go and drop these books jhor" she says and pulls me towards the office block.

We dropped the books off and went back to class, talking about Bami's little sister, Aramide. Bless her young, innocent, not so innocent soul.

"We're going to Spice Palace later today. Wanna come with?" I ask as we reach our class door. The utility prefect rang the bell some minutes ago so it's closing time already. The class is mostly empty, except for a few students who obviously stayed back, in their little groups, and probably have nothing to do when they get home.

"Nah. I need to pick Aramide up. I wish I could though" she says and smiles softly.

"Alright then" I smile at her.

"Rolake! Bami!" We hear our names being called and look towards the other end of the floor. Shatoni, Ava, Kemi and Deinbofa were standing there waving and beckoning us to come over.