•16: Ya Doing Well•

[Edited]

Hey! Merry Christmas everyone🎄🎊. So this is a Christmas update which means, it's longer than usual! Like it's legit the longest I've written. So yes, grab yourselves some popcorn and get ready to laugh🌚.
Enjoy!🥂🤙
____________________

Rolake Coker

"Assignment everyone!" Mrs Ona exclaims.

"Ma now! It's just first week!" AY exclaims tiredly while the rest of the class voice out their agreements. Funny how we're tired when second period just ended.

"Will you all keep quiet?! It's only God that will help this generation. Always lazy-" and this, ladies and gentlemen, is where I zone out.

Friday.

A day that confirms the presence of the weekend.

A day when most teachers feel tired so not much classes.

A day when all sports are available.

And also a day when I have my favourite subject, visual arts.

Yes, I love Fridays!

"Good day" Mrs Ona says and leaves the class.

"Huh?" I whispered quizzically, completely lost.

"Ife please did she actually give assignments? I zoned out" I ask the pretty, quiet girl sitting in front of me. She's been in the same class with me since JSS1 and I can bet my liver that the amount of times I've heard her talk can be counted on the human fingers.

"Yes. She said we should pick out all the questions based on adverbials in our past questions. All the years" she calmly explains to me.

The hell?

"Oh, thank you" I said, forcing a smile, obviously not pleased by the situation on ground.

"You're welcome" she smiles back and faces her front.

I groan begrudgingly, stand up and go to Ava's locker, still groaning, collapse on the poor girls body and start crying.

"Why does this woman hate us ehn? Did we offend her in the past life? How she go tell us make we check the whole book nau? That one na over 15 years o! We tell her say we no get work ni? Abi iru radarada oshi wo leleyi nsi nitori oloun!" (Abi what kind  of nonsense is this for christ sake) I rap and immediately I'm done, I burst into tears. Ava just sulks sadly beside me while patting my head.

"You're just lazy guy" Shatoni laughs.

"Correction, I just don't like stress. This is the definition of stress" I say sassily, my crying fiasco long forgotten.

"Sure" she says, stands up and drags me and Ava up with her. Why she like to dey stress person like dis ehn?

Light bulb!

"Shatoni love?" I call out slowly, bringing my lips out in a sulk look and bat my lashes at her. She just boredly raises her brow up, already knowing what I'm going to ask but still doesn't say anything and waits for me to still ask either way even though we both know the answer.

"Be a darling best friend and give me your English assignment to copy-" I try to rap out fast before she cuts me off but she still does either way.

"No" she sharply replies.

I huff and look away from her then pull the same cute look on Ava to try my luck.

"Ava boo" I sulk.

"Not happening" she says and even uses her hand to push my face away which leaves my mouth open in surprise.