•10: Oh No•

[Edited]

Adekunle Orenuga

The last two periods, were Agric/ Food and nutrition and well, no Ss2 boy offered it. Only a few girls from A and B class. So we, the boys, decided to play football at the field. And apparently, some girls wanted in too so we replaced them with boys that couldn't play or had health issues. Yes, I said some boys couldn't play.

Each team had eleven players as per that's how it's meant to be. Lol.

Class A team included; me, Timilehin, Rolake, Ava, Shatoni, AY, Leo, Kadijat, Femi, Chimezie and Kachi.

Class B team included; Waje, Giwa, Manuel, Michael, Ogaga, Sunny, Tari, Efuanada, Jamal and Rihanna.

Leo and Manuel were the keepers of both teams. The rest of the set were around either watching or in their little cliques, talking.

I know what you're thinking. The girls can play? Well, yes and they are hella good at it.

Although, we all had spare sports wear consisting of white shirts, blue shorts for  the boys and red for the girls that the school made compulsory and we had to keep in the locker rooms in case of emergency. This obviously wasn't one and nobody actually felt like wearing it so we were in our uniforms, trying not to get it dirty. And we also got permission from the P.E teacher so we were good to go. Besides, the weather was really friendly and windy today.

"I'm open!" Ava shouted as Timilehin shot the ball towards her. She dribbled the ball past the other teams and shot the ball towards Rolake. Rolake also dribbled and passed the ball towards me. I kicked the ball towards Femi because I was surrounded. Unfortunately though, Giwa stole the ball from him.

Giwa moved towards their post and passed the ball to Waje who shot towards the post and aimed the ball for the post. Thankfully though, Leo caught it.

"Nice catch bro!" Chimezie shouted and Leo kicked the ball towards him, who was quick enough to possess it and dribble it past Jamal and Sunny.

"Ade head's up!" He shouted and passed towards me. I immediately dashed towards my post and when I was more than half way across the field, I shot the ball into the net which Manuel could not catch.

"2-1!" Ayobami shouted because she was nominated referee.

Timilehin and the rest of the team jogged towards me. "Nice shot fam" Timilehin said and patted my shoulder which made me laugh.

"We all did well. Not just me" I said and by that time, we were all gathered around. The classmates who didn't play, brought water bottles for us to hydrate.

"Now I feel sweaty and gross and we still have about twenty minutes before we close" I heard Rolake grumble. On hearing that, I ran towards my bag where I had clean towels for emergency. Don't ask why. I brought two out and ran back to where they were.

I got to where Rolake was with her friends and Class B girls. While, some were scattered around the grass, sitting down and drinking water while others preferred to stand and apparently, she was part of the former.

I perched down on the grass and ever so casually and stretched the towel to her. Nonchalant as I could act, I said "Here" and that drawed the attention of some people. Rolake looked at me and then the towel, confused.

"Uhm why?" She asked me. Most of us had long ago lost our blazers and ties. Undid a few buttons, untucked our shirts and rolled up our sleeves. Some loosened their ties around their necks instead of dropping it completely. Rolake did just that. And she looked breathtaking.