•13: Suspicions•

[Edited]

Dedicated to @liz_moses❤

*********

Rolake Coker

"Mr Mike!" I exclaimed once I saw him.

"Rolake! What's up na?" He asked, looking up from the picture he was painting.

"Oh nothing much. Just the usual. What's popping?" I said enthusiastically as I skipped to where he was, Adekunle following behind me.

After our classes for the day, me and Adekunle decided to just go straight to the visual arts studio instead of going to the hall for all that long process. Timileyin, Ava and Shatoni went to the school field when Senior Dotun told Timileyin that they should just head there.

Bofa and Kemi went to join Mr Williams, Mr Makinwa and Mrs Mabel in the hall as they were in charge of the jet club.

Ayobami decided to join the contemporary arts club so she went to meet Mr Tayo, our music teacher, at the other side of the hall with the rest of the people who were interested in joining.

"The usual. Ahan see as you're looking peng" he said, a full blown smile on his face.

I paused and eyed him playfully. "Who taught you how to use slangs?" I said while clapping my hands in mock gesture then moved to stand beside him.

"Ahan this your painting is fine o" I said, looking at the work with a feeling of delight.

"Are you whining me ni?" He asked and continued painting.

It was a painting of a bare chested young African mother, holding a new born baby close to her, apparently feeding, with a calabash on her head. She was sitting down with a look if determination and courage on her face. I studied it and the message passed so much messages to me.

It showed the determination and courage of an African woman. It showed the love and affection she has for her child and overall the tender feeling of Africa.

"Good afternoon sir" Adekunle said and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Good afternoon" Mr Mike answered looking at him back with unfamiliarity. Well it's not his fault since he hasn't met him before. I, Ava, Ayobami, Shatoni, Hannah and Tetisimi are the only students offering visual art in our set. For some reason, alot, if not majority of the students in HHS senior senior school thought it was a useless class. Save for some students who actually had interest in it and let me tell you. Per set they weren't even up to ten offering it. I'm surprised they even kept it as a club.

"Oh right!" I clapped in realisation.

"So Mr Mike, me and Adekunle are joining the Arts club cause well, we can" I said and looked at him with a cheeky grin.

Mr Mike just raised a brow and looked between me and Adekunle then eventually shrugged.

"Find by me. Get yourselves some materials and make a still life drawing" he ordered, going back to his painting.

"Can we sketch?" I asked hopefully.

"Whatever you want" he said.