Chapter 4

As the dawn of a new day illuminated the horizon with a prism of purple, pink and blue hues, Shonda Williams paced the balcony of her apartment brooding over her dilemma.

Her cousin Pluto watched her with a wary eye, unsure of what to say as consolation.

It was easy to shift the blame, but that would not solve their problem, he reasoned.

"Just tell me what you want me to do..." Pluto started to show her where his loyalty lay.

"I'm ready." he insisted.

Shonda shook her head in misery.

Her intuition alarm was blaring.

Her mind was muddled with thoughts of how she could maneuver her way out of the entire situation.

Her brother had placed them in a very precarious position.

After a year of meticulous planning, Shonda had developed a foolproof plan to rob the Kennesaw Savings and Trust Bank.

She had worked as a loan officer for the banking branch for six years and had intimate knowledge of the security operations.

When she devised the plan she began scouting for a four-man crew.

A group of hard hitters who could be trusted to handle business.

Her search had to lead her to Kirkwood Kenny, a notorious robber, and thief.

Her attempt to control him with sex was lost...

The man proved to be a brute savage.

He didn't care about anyone other than himself.

He didn't waste time getting physical with her whenever he felt offended by something that she said or did without his knowledge or consent.

Her brother had been her shield against his abuse.

When the team was put together it was her, Kirkwood Kenny, and her brother Broderick.

Kenny brought in one of his friends, D-Money.

Broderick brought in their cousin Pluto a month ago, after being released from reformatory school.

That was their four-man crew until Broderick had gotten locked up on a VOP, (violation of probation), two hours prior.

He and Pluto were driving home from the club when APD got behind them.

A search of his vehicle produced an unregistered handgun.

Once they ran his info in their database his legal status was displayed.

Pluto was allowed to leave, but they transported Broderick to Fulton county jail.

Four hours from their planned heist, and there was no one available to watch Pluto's back on the caper, Shonda brooded in frustration.

And Kenny was not the type of man to be trusted with the amount of money that was on the line.

Of that she was certain...

Shonda was afraid to go through with the heist, for fear that Kenny and his friend would double-cross her cousin, and take all of the cash for themselves.

She was also afraid to attempt to cancel the heist, for fear that they would attempt it on their own, and cross her out of her own plan.

It was a difficult dilemma.

"I just don't feel comfortable with you going in with them alone." Shonda lamented.

"There are too many things that can go wrong between the bank and the rendezvous point." she insisted