Chapter 44

Familiar with the process of visiting a person, detained in jail, it was easy for Charmaine to schedule a visit with Shonda Williams' brother, Broderick.

According to the jail's protocols and visitation guidelines, most detainees were kept away from known enemies.

In the general population, and also when they came to visit with their family.

For the system to work, and safeguard a person's safety, administrators had to know a preexisting animosity.

No one outside of special agent Anthony Price had knowledge of any connection that Broderick Williams may have had with Kenny Mathis.

Aside from Swaylo and Charmaine, Broderick Williams may have been the only other person that wanted to touch Kirkwood Kenny.

With the label of a snitch hanging over his head, the facility kept him isolated from the general population.

His only interaction with other guys in the jail came through visitation.

He presented the only loose end that could send Swaylo to prison...

And Charmaine was out to prevent that from happening.

Even if she had to help orchestrate the play, she was willing to do it.

It was almost a month after Swaylo had been released on bond when Broderick Williams walked into the visitation area and saw Charmaine seated beyond the fiberglass partition.

He could remember the many times that he had made a pass at his sister's friend...

But seeing her there, under the circumstances that he was facing, did not arouse any emotions other than gratitude.

Dressed in a cute pink and white tennis skirt, with her hair in an Asian wrap, Charmaine was looking delectable in her outfit.

She carried herself with confidence.

A woman is certain of what she wanted from a male companion, her career, and her life.

Charmaine did not appear to be the type to settle for less than what she wanted.

With lip gloss glistening from her lips like succulent slices of a strawberry, Charmaine reminded him of his sister, and how Kirkwood Kenny had murdered her.

Her beauty was lost amidst the clutch of grief that overcame him when he saw her.

He took a seat across from her and picked up the phone receiver that allowed them to speak between the fiberglass partition.

"What's up, stranger... Didn't expect to see you here." he greeted, fighting to control his emotions.

Charmaine gave a somber nod of understanding.

"Yeah. I know what you mean," she stated, her eyes devoid of mirth or amusement. "That's why I came to see you..."

A puzzled expression came across his face.

"You know, Shonda was like a sister from a different mother to me... So I feel a certain type of way about how ol' boy played the game."

"For sho'," Broderick agreed."The dude did her dirty. She didn't deserve that shit."

Charmaine gave a nod of agreement.

"She put that clown in on the move, and he betrayed her!" Broderick lamented, tears of fury making his eyes blurry.

"What if I told you that there was a way for you to touch that snitch? Would you deal with the problem?"

Broderick locked eyes with Charmaine, and he could comprehend what she was insinuating.