Chapter 7

Within a world of desperation, despair, and deception a man will sacrifice his entire life without thinking twice, how such action may set other wheels in motion.

Circumstances will arise in his life that will make him realize that his existence is a priceless prize.

When Swaylo stepped through the threshold of Broderick's apartment, he was impressed by its plush decor.

The front room was decorated in a variety of beige, cream, and brown.

Earth tones that brought to life the plants, wallpaper, and aquarium.

There was a strong African culture influence intermeshed with the design.

Broderick had a portrait of himself, hanging above the couch that displayed him as a Zulu king.

It was a bachelor's pad that made it clear that he was a man with money.

Women would yearn to take control of such a dominion.

There was nothing in the decor that would lead a woman to believe that they would do anything more than just spend the night.

"My cousin Broderick is the one that I was telling you about. He's originally from Montel Holmes, though."

"What's his hustle, he a dope boy or something?"

"Nah. Cuz be robbing fools... Even that fool Kenny doesn't violate the boundary with cuz."

Following behind Pluto, Swaylo was lead into a spacious bedroom.

Along the wall was a broad gun collection.

Laid out across the bed were painter outfits, chemical masks, goggles, and a pressure washer box propped against the dresser.

The decor in the room was charcoal gray, black, and chrome.

There were floor-to-ceiling mirrors over the closet and master bathroom door. The carpet was a deep black, with a smoke gray throw rug at the foot of the bed. Thoughts of having a place like that of his own began drifting through his mind, fused ideas of living with Charmaine under the same roof.

A quick survey of the apartment- minus the bathroom- was enough to arouse a touch of envy to descend upon him.

It was an alien feeling, but it was enough to identify will its presence.

Pluto caught the expression on Swaylo's face and smiled.

"I felt the same way when I walked into this place.."

Pluto handed him a jumpsuit used by professional painters. "After today we can both have a place like this."

The prospect of walking away with a hundred thousand in cash was weighing heavy on his mind.

It set his imagination on fire like a kaleidoscope of desire...

There were so many things that he could see himself doing, he pondered in silence.

His entire body was pulsating.

"I've never been this amped in my life, Kid," Swaylo stated massaging a hand across the pistol in his palm.

"I'm just glad that I found you to watch my back...You and me homey, ride or die!" Pluto exclaimed.

Swaylo dapped him up with an unspoken pledge of loyalty. "Ride or Die..." He stated.

As they began to get dressed neither of them could imagine how sudden death can pull up at a person's doorstep.

But turning back was not an option...