Chapter 1

Within a world populated by people who seem to possess the social statue of a pygmy, it becomes a profound privilege for an impotent person to garner the respect of a social giant.

It can sometimes seem too great of an opportunity, to avoid the risk of placing their lives at stake.

There are always certain thirsts that can never be satisfied.

Certain fits of hunger are beyond being gratified.

And, once a person has a taste of power, that makes them feel alive inside, they will do whatever it takes to prevent that feeling from subsiding.

Even if it means that they must drown in danger and pride, most people just want to be remembered for the deeds done before they died.

Enshrouded in darkness, with the chirp of insects echoing through the swamps of Savannah, Jamal Henderson began to load up the drugs; hidden in a compartment, at the rear of a swamp boat.

It was after midnight, and the only light visible amidst the area came from the headlights of the vehicles; parked about the muddy bank.

Torian Green and his team of shooters stood about the perimeter of the vehicles, watching.

Jamal had his partner, C-Rod helping him transfer the drugs from the boat, to the rented Honda Odyssey.

They could feel the rush of adrenaline, associated with purchasing a large number of drugs from a shady crew of killers, surrounding them.

The isolation of the area made it difficult to not imagine what could happen if Torian and his team decided to betray them.

With over a hundred thousand in cash present, experience had taught them to be mindful of an ambush.

But, Torian Green had a reputation for handling business with respect and honor.

He was south Georgia's leading drug supplier, with a broad base of clients, comparable only to Swaylo's drug organization.

Jamal and his partner, C-Rod, knew that they were taking a major risk by shopping with the Eastlake Killer Clan's competition.

But they wanted to establish their own operation.

An endeavor that could cost them their lives, if Swaylo found out about their extracurricular activities.

He was aware of how such actions would be perceived, should Swaylo learn about what they were doing.

Within the realm of drug trafficking, there were very few people who could claim to be a kingpin in the game.

But, Torian Green was a renowned dealer, with clientele in south Georgia and South Carolina.

His crew controlled more than three hundred soldiers, but to shop with him amounted to an act of treason.

With them being lieutenants in the Eastlake Killer Clan, Swaylo would not tolerate them going outside of their ranks, to establish another crew of drug dealers.

Torian understood their predicament and kept their business arrangements quiet.

Working beneath a blanket of darkness, Jamal and C-Rod drove back to their hotel; to disassemble the door panels within the minivan.

They had to conceal the kilos of cocaine in the stash spot, to avoid detection from a potential traffic stop by the cops.

It took close to two hours to secure the compartment properly.

They had twenty kilos of coke stashed in the minivan, and they did not need to draw any attention to themselves.

As the predawn horizon began to brighten with its kaleidoscope of colors, Jamal Henderson wiped the beads of sweat from his brow.