Chapter 8

Nestled within the commercial district of Kennesaw county, the Kennesaw Bank and Trust sat at the corner of Albertine Parkway.

It was located at the eastern edge of the Camden Circle shopping center.

It was a brick structured building, with a four-lane drive-thru to expedite the banking process for its customers.

Albertine Parkway ran along the left side of the building.

Camden Circle ran parallel, across the front of the bank, and met up with Albertine Parkway at a four-way intersection.

Traffic was thick, at that time of the morning.

When Swaylo approached the intersection he was stalled in traffic, four cars from the light, with the bank at his left.

Beyond the structure of the bank and its rear lot, there were two conjoining establishments.

A repair company and a grocery store warehouse.

These three businesses were the only establishments on the commercial block.

There was a convenience store to his right, with the main drag of the commercial district spread out ahead.

Fast food restaurants. Dollar stores. Beauty parlors. Service centers. Video and electronic rentals.

When the traffic light changed Swaylo followed the flow of traffic until it leads them to the banking entrance for clients.

The parking lot was partially full of cars.

It was a quarter till ten, with the gleam of sunshine radiating across the asphalt like the buildup of a hotplate.

The oscillating sounds of the county were pulsating within their minds as the van was parked before the bank entrance; the front end facing the route back into traffic.

"Keep the engine running." Kenny stated, donning his disguise." And make sure your weapons are off safety. Anybody move and you let 'em have it."

The metallic slide of the door resonated through the van as Kirkwood Kenny and D-Money climbed out of the vehicle.

Pluto followed suit from the passengers' seat.

Swaylo brought up the rear.

It was a moment when every sensory receptor in the body became active.

Car horns, engine acceleration, and the sporadic screech of tires reverberated from amidst the hubbub of midmorning traffic.

Anxiety and apprehension were like two unaccounted-for accomplices...

They were there with such clarity that it felt like a fifth body.

Someone close enough to feel them breathing.

The four-man team strode into the bank with their features concealed behind goggles and paint masks.

There was nothing in their appearance that would raise any alarm, or create any type of undue suspicion.

Upon entrance into the foyer of the bank, there was a six-foot-long hallway that spilled out into a service section at the right.

Tropical decor with flowers, ferns, and oceanic portraits hung about the interior of the establishment.

There were six bank tellers stationed at various cubicles about the eastern wall, with six loan and account stations set up like a lounge along the opposite wall, with a hallway leading to the vault and administrative offices at the rear.

Immediately upon entry into the bank, there was a security guard's station post.

The first man in took control, as the trio followed suit.