KRISTEN

I have always wanted to be part of a group, to have ever lasting, intimate friendships and now I have that and more.

When Mckayla said she's throwing a slumber party for my initiation I thought she was just being metaphorical. I had no idea there was going to be an actual initiation.

The five of us are seated on the carpeted floor of Mckayla's vast bedroom, surrounded by lit scented candles. We are all wearing matching red silk pajamas.

My new red silk pajamas are a courtesy from Mckayla of course. I have a feeling she's the mastermind behind all but anyway,  if I had known this was going to be fancy I would have done a little shopping of my own.

In true style we are all brushing each other's hair, something Mckayla swears is therapeutic. We are also playing secrets and sins, a game the girls invented.

It's a game which involves talking about, you guessed it, your deepest and darkest secrets and right now it's Tatiana's turn.

"I think it's no secret that I hate that loser my mother calls a boyfriend," Tatiana begins. "But lately my hate has turned into something more, I want him gone forever, I want him to disappear and never come back." From the tone of her voice it's pretty obvious that she really does despise this man, I wonder what he did to deserve such hatred.

"Like kill him?" Max jokes, trying to lighten up the mood.

But Tatiana is not joking. "Yes. I want to kill him, slowly because I want it to hurt. He deserves it for how he treats my brother and I." She says.

I'm shocked, never would I have thought that someone like Tatiana could have such dark thoughts and actually voice them out loud with so much passion.

But it seems I'm the only one horrified because my other friends don't seem to mind. I guess it is just a game after all and besides, we all have those few seconds of anger where we feel like we can actually kill someone.

"Wow, Tatiana that's dark." Max says.

Tatiana shrugs. "What can I say, it's just a dark twisted fantasy of mine."

"Well I guess I'm just as twisted as you because I would totally help you burry his body." Max starts to laugh and for some reason it makes me laugh too, I guess I'm twisted also.

"Well I think that's enough secrets and sins for one night." Mckayla announces and abruptly stops brushing my hair. I guess the game and the hair brushing go hand in hand?

"Are we going to play another game?" We are now sitting in a circle, wondering what Mckayla has in store us next. Well at least I'm wondering because unlike Max, Ashley and Tatiana, I haven't done this before.

Mckayla looks at me. "There's something we have to give you." She says.

"Like a present?" It's the only thing I can think of even though I certainly wasn't expecting a gift but then again it's not like I have loads of experience with what goes down at sleepovers. "You guys got me a present?"

"Well...." Tatiana starts but Max interrupts her.

"It's a ritual we do. We are going to give you a knife so you can cut your hand and give us some of your blood."

"What?" I ask, shocked and terrified at the idea of some ritual including my blood.

"It's nothing serious." Max sounds nonchalant. "We have all done it."

"That's why we are such good friends." Ashley chips in. "We make sacrifices for each other."

"Don't you wanna be our friend?" Tatiana asks, placing her hand on my shoulder.