MCKAYLA

Diamonds are a girl's best friend and I should know, after all my father often showers my sister and I with the fanciest of jewels and yes, that includes diamonds. And like most of the female population, I'm not immune to their charms.

Except for today. If there's something that Lukas and my father has in common, other than the fact that they are the only significant men in my life, it's that they both know how to please and spoil me which is not an easy task.

There's so much tension between Lukas and I that not even the diamond studs he bought me can improve my mood. It feels like he's apologizing and not actually spoiling me and it's only making things more strained between us.

"Don't you like them?" Lukas asks, finally breaking the awkward silence between us in his car.

"Of course I like them. I love everything you get me." It's always top brand and it's costs him a lot of money. After all he's family is loaded so he can afford it.

He reaches out and squeezes my hand. "You know I would do anything for you."

Right, anything. He does have a point though. Lukas practically worships the ground I walk on and I like that except lately it just feels too much.

Ever since our little incident in my room he's been walking on eggshells around me. He barely touches me or show any intimate displays of affection. It's like he's afraid of touching me, like there's something wrong with me.

But at the same time I can't accuse him of neglecting me, if anything he's attentive and constantly showering me with gifts and compliments. But he doesn't touch and when he kisses me it's passionless, like he's scared I might break.

I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. I won't be treated like a special case or a breakable doll because I'm anything but breakable.

"Thank you so much." I say before quickly pulling him towards me and smashing my lips against his.

Lukas is taken aback by my kiss but that doesn't stop me from deepening the kiss, proving to him that there's nothing wrong with me, that it's okay to touch me and that I can be like any of those normal girlfriends but better.

And from the way he's touching me and kissing me back, I can tell he's missed this too but for my benefit he's been holding himself back. Well not anymore, he's done treating me like a porcelain doll.

"Oh Mckayla." He moans as he presses himself against me, flattening me against the inside of the car door. "I have missed you so much." I knew it!

"Me too." I say into his mouth. "I love the earrings."

And suddenly he pulls back from me, instantly releasing me. "Is that what this is about?" He asks breathlessly and I can hear him frowning.

"What?" I ask, confused by his abrupt question.

"You think I gave you the earrings so I could have you? Is that why you are doing this?"

"Excuse me?" I start to sit up straight. "What exactly are you insinuating and what do you mean by 'have me'?" I try to sound calm but I know I'm going to be fuming soon. How dare he imply that I could give sexual favours in exchange for gifts? I'm not cheap!

"Well, last time I touched you you acted like I burnt you and now you are throwing yourself at me just because I gave you earrings."

"Throwing myself at you?" Now I have had it. "I would never throw myself at you for anything!"

"Well, no shit!" He snaps at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you are damn confusing!" He yells at me. "One minute you don't minute you don't want me to touch you and the next you are practically jumping on my dick!"