TATIANA

I can't believe it, after years and years of living in crappy apartments owned by even crappier men (thanks a lot mom for your poor choice in partners), I'm living in a hotel and not just any hotel but a five star hotel!

Well, this isn't a permanent situation, I know that but I try not to think about it. Or the fact that I basically abandoned my brother but in my defense I didn't exactly move out by choice, my mother kicked me out.

It still baffles me that she did that, that my own mother could throw me out on the street like that. I have always known she was a shitty and weak excuse of a mother but I never thought she would blatantly choose a man over her own flesh and blood like that. But that's life, some get shitty parents and some get the best.

And Mckayla certainly got the best because her dad has been nothing but a gentleman to me. I can't say this is what I was expecting when I took a chance and called him in my time of need but not only did he come for me, but he didn't ask me why I was calling him of all people.

Infact, other than when he comes by to check if I need anything, he hasn't spoken to me at all. It's like he's holding back and being indifferent with me and it's totally freaking me out a little but I'm scared he will kick me out if I question his generosity. And there's also the issue of me catfishing him, I'm not sure how he will react when he finds out about that.

Just as I'm finishing up with my bath my cellphone starts ringing and I quickly grab it, thinking it might be Blake but it's actually my brother. Swallowing my disappointment, I press the answer button.

"Hi....."

"Where the hell are you?"

His harsh tone doesn't surprise me, it's exactly what I was expecting. "Santiago, calm down." I try to placate him.

"Don't tell me to calm down, tell me where the fuck you are!" He shouts again.

"Don't yell at me."

He sighs harshly. "Are you at least safe?" His voice is less harsh now.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry I left without telling you but things got out of hand with Marshall."

"I suspected as much and don't apologize, I was just worried. Are you staying with one of your friends?"

I could lie and say yes but he knows where all my friends live so that lie might backfire on me.

"Well....." I start but he cuts me off.

"Dios bueno Tatiana! Are you on the streets again?" He sounds horrified, as if that would be the worst thing to happen to either one of us.

"No no no," I assure him quickly. "I'm not living on the streets, I wouldn't do that to you." I add, shuddering at the memory of the last time we were kinda homeless.

Just as Santiago starts to say something else, the door to my suite opens and I'm both relieved and anxious when I see that it's him, my not so prince charming.

Dressed in a sharp dark suit with a matching dark shirt, he looks hot as hell. He doesn't say anything as he approaches but those beautiful eyes that resemble McKayla's so much are on me.

"Ummm, Santi I have to go," I say to my brother without looking away from Mr Hamilton's gaze. "I will see you at school, okay."

"Okay," he sounds resigned and it makes my heart ache a little. I hate making my brother worry, he already has so much going on and he doesn't need the added stress. "Take care of yourself." He says before hanging up.

"Hi." I say , sounding weirdly cheerful, a nervous habit only he evokes.

"You used to be homeless?"

I'm a bit taken aback by his question. Oh, he must heard my conversation with Santiago. Oh no, how much did he hear?

I clear my throat. "Were eavesdropping on my private conversation?" I ask, trying to come off as calm and collective even though inside I'm anything but.

"It's not eavesdropping if the conversation is happening in a room I'm paying for," his voice is brisk and now he's right in front of me. "Now let's try this again, were you ever homeless?"

Oh, so this is where Mckayla gets it? The authoritative and intimidating demeanor that makes her believe she's entitled to other people's business.

While Mckayla certainly doesn't intimate me, the same can't be said about her father.

"Yes." I answer him, barely recognizing my own voice, it sounds so small. "I have been on the streets before." I look down so that I don't have to see the look of shame and disgust on his face. It's bad enough he's making me say it out loud, I don't need anymore further humiliation.

"Oh you sweet girl," Mr Hamilton tilts my chin, forcing me to look at him. "Sweet sweet Lily Rose."

My heart thumbs. "What?" Did he just call me Lily Rose?

"Well, it your name, isn't it?" His palm is on my cheek now, caressing it. "Or would you rather I only call you that online?" The tone of his voice is dangerously cool, almost cold.

"How did you...."

"Did you really think you could fool me?" He cuts me off in a demanding tone, his hand painfully gripping my face. "How stupid do you think I am? How stupid are you? I knew it was you, I always did and I wanted to see how far you would take this deceit."

I don't know what to say and even if u wanted to say something, it's not like I can, he's hand is way too tight in my face.

And as if he notices my discomfort, Mr Hamilton removes his hand from my face, instantly taking a step back from me.

"So what now?" I ask him, reeling from his revelation and the fact that he can be really aggressive.

"Pack your stuff."

"What? You are kicking me out?" Oh no, this can't be happening. "Look, I'm sorry I tried to catfish you. I won't do it again, I promise!" For the first time in a while I think I'm going to cry in someone else's presence. "Please, I have nowhere else to go." I continue begging.

"You will close down that account." Mr Hamilton finally says.

"What?"

"No more Lily Rose." He explains. "And I'm not leaving you on the streets, you are moving into my house."

Wow, I was certainly not expecting that. "You want me to move in with you."

"With me, my wife and my daughters." He says coldly. "Make no mistake about this Tatiana, I'm only doing this my daughters. For some reason they are fond of you and your wellbeing is important to them. Now, I can't say you deserve their loyalty considering the kind of person you are but for reasons I can't change you are like family to them."

Fighting back my tears, I nod and say, "Okay." What more can I say?

Being the cold bastard that he is, he fails to look even a little sympathetic or soften the cold expression on his face. "Good, start packing. I will be waiting for you in the car." And with that he leaves the suite.

Ignoring the many sinking emotions I'm currently feeling right now, I wipe away the few tears that escaped my eyes and start to haphazardly pack my clothes.

My disappointment is real but it's nothing compared to the soul crushing feelings bubbling inside of me but I have no one to blame but myself because I did this. I put myself in this unconventional position and I'm facing the music. So much for the fairytale life.