ASHLEY

I have never been jealous before. I have always viewed jealousy as a pointless and useless emotion that only strokes the other person's ego. And I have actually never liked anyone enough to be jealous, except now.

I had been more than annoyed with Mr Zukov's stupid buddy system when I found out that my partner was going to be the antichrist herself, Camila. But now that I am looking at Kristen with her partner, I resent it.

While my partner is a bitchy dark haired she devil with blood red pointy fake nails, Kristen's partner is non other than Santiago freaking Monroe!

With his tattoos and rugged good looks, Santiago is no doubt one of the hottest guys at our schools. His dark mood and antisocial behavior only solidifies his bad boy persona and as a teenage girl, I know how my fellow gender cannot resist that type. Girls are just suckers for guys who need to be saved and I fear Kristen may be no different.

I have been watching her watching him and I can't even describe the kind of jealousy that's burning inside of me right now. Why is she looking at him like that? Does she find him attractive? Does she wanna fuck him? Is it his cold attitude or the tattoos?

Well, if it's tattoos she's in to then maybe just maybe I can get into that. I shudder at the thought, not only because I'm scared of needles but because I know my mother will kill me if I dare get a tattoo, she's barely tolerant of my pink hair so just imagine the hell she will raise if I permanently mark my skin.

"Why are you looking at her when you have me?"

Camila's cold voice startles me back to my harsh reality. "Sorry." I mumble for no reason at all as I reluctantly look away from Kristen and Santiago.

"Why are you apologizing? I just enjoy watching you gawk at Blondie." The words out of Camila's mouth may sound harmless and even playful but her face is another story, she's pissed.

"I said I was sorry." Again, I don't know why I'm apologizing, I didn't do anything wrong.

"You fool!" She says abruptly. "I don't want your stupid apology." She hisses at me but not too loud that everyone else can hear us. "I want you to practice your pervertions on your time because in case you haven't noticed we have an assignment to finish!"

Before I can say something or try apologizing again, she starts again, "So just pay attention to me for the next few minutes, do I make myself clear?" She asks sharply, her eyes digging into mine.

I'm too intimated to contradict her so I just nod and force my brain to momentarily stop thinking about Kristen so I can focus on the assignment at hand.

Ironically, it's a write-up about the use of tone and the difference between being negative and positive. And considering that my partner is a mega bitch who sucks at communicating and is negative towards anyone she interacts with, we are definitely going to fail.

I secretly wonder what her problem is. Most bullies are mean because they are broken inside but Camila doesn't seem broken, infact she has everything. Minus the friends, she's more like an evil version of Mckayla. She's rich, she is smart and beautiful so I really don't get why she goes out of her way to be so cruel to people.

Why can't she be more like Kristen? Infact why couldn't I be partnered with Kristen? I could be having a much better time right now basking in Kristen's sweetness but no, I'm stuck with the devil's lovechild. Gosh, I hate my life.

Well, thankfully twenty minutes later English lit is over and I can finally be rid of Camila, for a few hours at least.

I hastily grab my stuff as quickly as I can so as to not prolong my interaction with her because deep down she really scares me.