MAX

Why does this feel so weird? Maybe because I'm the only one at school right now. I actually think I'm the first one which is weird because I'm never this early to anything. Come to think of it, why am I here this early and by myself?

I walk down the empty hallways feeling strange due to the lack of judgemental eyes on me or whisperings or murmurings as I pass by. Oh well, I must have a reason for being this early so it doesn't matter who's here and who's not.

But then as I continue to walk further down the empty halls, I realize that they are not so empty after all. There are two people ahead of me, I can't see them clearly but given the way they are pressing against each other I'm sure it's a girl and a boy having an early morning make out session.

I have no intention of looking at them or talking to them but I can't help but catch a glimpse of the boy as I pass by them. I would recognize those tattooed hands and that dark hair anywhere. It's Santiago.

He's making out with a blonde girl and they are so caught up in what they are doing that they are oblivious to my presence. His hands are all over her while his neck is buried in her neck.

I feel numb with jealous rage as I watch them. But it's nothing compared to what I feel when the girl throws her head back as she moans with pleasure because then I see her face and it's none other than Kristen, my best friend!

My heart is pounding, I can't believe what I'm seeing. "S-santiago." I stutter. "Kristen," they both look at me, their eyes filled with desire and lust but no shame. "What are you doing?" I ask them.

Santiago smirks at me. "What I want," he says before grabbing Kristen. "What I have always wanted." He says as he starts to kiss her again, his hands tearing up at her clothes as if he can't get enough of her and she's no better than him either, because she won't stop panting how much she wants him.

"Santiago!" I yell. "Don't do this to me!" Angry tears start spilling from my eyes. "I love you, please don't do this!" I continue to yell but it's like neither of them can hear me. "Santiago!" I shout again but then I suddenly wake up.

What the hell, it was just a dream?

"Max?" I spin my head to see Nicholas by the door. "What's wrong?" He asks as he approaches me on the bed.

I'm a little taken aback by his appearance but then I remember I'm in his house, his bedroom. We came here after school to hang out and I must have fallen asleep.

"Nightmare," I say in a breathless voice. I'm still reeling from my dream and I'm feeling all sorts of emotions, mostly relief and a bit of confusion.

"Oh," Nicholas sits next to me on his bed. "I heard yelling."

"What did I say?" I quickly ask him, fearful of what I might have said.

Nicholas shrugs. "Couldn't hear you."

I sigh relieved. "Oh."

"Hey," he tucks my hair behind my ear. "Are you sure, you are? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

I give him my best smile. "Yes, yes, I know and I'm fine, I promise."

"Good." He pulls me into his embrace and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too." I reply with no hesitation. This feels so right but at the same time it's not because as much as I love my boyfriend, I can't stop thinking about Santiago.

Once I'm home and in my own bedroom and my own bed, I go through my phone to check if there are any new messages or missed calls from Santiago but there's nothing. I haven't heard from since the last time he told me to meet him in the park.