༒chapter one༒

Once upon a time, long, long ago—well, more like twenty years ago, Belle married her beast in front of six thousand of their closest friends

Big cake. Yeah, so, instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all the kingdoms and got himself elected the King of the United States of Auradon.
What a great honeymoon.
Anyway, he rounded up all the villains and the sidekicks—you know, basically all the really interesting people—and he booted them off the Isle of the Lost.
My home.
It's not much, but you find your friends.
No magic. No wifi. No way out.
Or so I thought.

I keep messing with the wires in the Fish and Chips Shoppe television on my makeshift hanging chair. It's just a piece of wood connected to the ceiling with some heavy duty rope. I've almost fallen off it multiple times, and if it wasn't just Uma with me, I might try to cover it up.

Uma sighs, dipping some fries in a tiny bowl of sauce before stuffing one in her mouth. She has her elbows on the counter, but turns to face me anyway. "You almost done up there?" she asks, grabbing another fry.

I grab a screwdriver from the top of the TV and start messing with some of the other inside parts. "It's not the easiest thing ever," I state. "Especially in this place."

No wifi. At all.

She sighs and shoves another fry into her mouth. "Well, I can't keep the shop closed much longer."

I shrug and point to the door with my screwdriver. "Open it up, I don't give a shit. It won't take me a whole lot longer, and if people have a problem with my fixing this, they can kiss my ass," I say as I start to mess with the wires yet again. I turn back to her and point to her basket of food. "Can I have one?"

She nods and shrugs before picking it up and bringing it over to me. She lifts the basket into the air and I grab a fry, dip it, and eat it. "Thanks," I mumble.

She hums and goes back to where she was, continuing to munch on the fries in front of her. "You really think this is gonna work?" she asks after a minute, pointing to the TV with a fry.

I roll my eyes and start putting the cover back on.

She shrugs as the door opens.

I click the On button and switch the channel over. After it starts to work, I turn it off and turn to Uma, tapping the top of it. "Good as new. See? Wifi. Except you can only play music. So, kind of like MTV in the nineties just without video."

She rolls her eyes. "Thanks."

I start to move around the makeshift seat and jump down onto the ground. "No problem," I say, grabbing a fry before I start to walk towards the door.

Harry Hook nods to me. "Harper, good day."

I nod to him. "Good day, Harry. Newly polished hook?"