༒chapter twenty-six༒

I'm sitting on Audrey's couch, cleaning out my leg cut while Uma sits in the bed reading the diary—"I told you she had one" I had said—and Celia is going through her jewelry.

Evie and Mal come into the room. "She's nowhere on campus," Evie says.

Uma shrugs. "Found her diary. And damn, did you ruing Audrey's life."

Mal crosses her arms. "Okay. So did you find anything in there that we don't already know or?"

"She hangs out at Fairy Cottage," Uma states. "You know, where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hid her mom from your mom."

"Yes. The irony is not lost to me," Mal says.

"How could anyone with this bed ever be unhappy?" Uma asks.

"Mine's bigger," I state as I toss the things I used to clean my leg. Uma looks over at me with wide eyes. I nod. "No, I'm not kidding."

"Okay, how do I look?" Celia asks, turning to look at us with about half of Audrey's jewelry box on her. She poses on the chair dramatically.

Evie turns to her. "Okay, the bling stays here."

"But she's bad."

"And we're not."

Celia sighs and starts taking off the jewelry.

"I really hope they find Ben," Mal says as we get to Evie's place. Uma furrows her brows at the place.

"I got a really good deal," Evie says before we go inside.

When we get into the living room, we see the twins sleeping at one end of the couch with Dizzy at the other. Ginny is curled up in a ball on one of the chairs.

Celia is comforting Dizzy in her sleep since she seemed to be having a nightmare. A few seconds later, she grabs a blanket to put over Dizzy and the twins before grabbing another one and covering Ginny up.

We hear some other snoring and head for another room.

"Oh god," I say as we stop when we see Doug sleeping on the floor.

"Uh, who's the dude?" Uma asks.

"Doug," Evie says, going over to him. She bends down next to him and hits his shoulder. "Doug." She shoves him twice. "Wake up. Wake up."

"He's spelled," Uma says. Evie looks up at her. "Is she not a fast learner?" Uma asks us.

"She's emotionally involved, okay?" Mal says.

"Well, in that case she should be able to wake him up," Uma sighs.

Evie looks at Uma. "True love's kiss," Uma says, smiling fakely.

"Works every time?" we both say.

"Well, we haven't actually used the 'L' word yet."

"Lord help me," I mutter.

"Can we be alone?"

We nod and leave the room.

We watch from the doorway once Evie starts singing. We sing "one kiss" every now and then, which makes me want to rip my eardrums out. But we look at each other annoyed when Evie is about to kiss him but then doesn't.

Uma and I shake our heads and leave when Evie walks out of the room and outside. I slap Uma's arm and we run back to the doorway when Evie finally leans down completely. Evie turns towards the doorway after she kisses Doug, so we run to the living room and grab the most random stuff and pretend that we're doing something.