༒chapter seventeen༒

Mal glares at me. "What. The. Hell. Was. That."

I huff and look over at her. "What was what?"

"Oh, I don't know. How about you disappearing when Ben did? You not being tied up on that stupid ship? You fighting for both sides on that? You wearing Hook's hat. Oh! And how about you kissing Harry Hook?"

I huff again and look up at the hat that I completely forgot I was wearing.

"Answer!"

I glare at her and the others flinch a little.

"Harry 'nicked' me. Told the others that while I was sitting in an alley. Sorry to say it, Mal, but Harry and Uma actually trust me. Uma is my sister too, and Harry and I have always been pretty close. They knew I wasn't going to try to run from them, and even Uma said that I could do whatever I wanted because I wasn't even going to be part of the deal until you said something! I care about both of you, a lot. I was just fighting. You won! Happy? I'm wearing Harry's hat because I took it off his head. And, newsflash, Mal, I actually like Harry! I know you have this whole vendetta against that group even though you were the bad guy when we were kids, but I really care about Harry and Uma and Gil and all those other pirates. You never understood that, and you still don't! It doesn't take much! If you have a problem with me kissing Harry, keep it to your fucking self. I know you love Ben, but I love Harry. So, respectfully, fuck off."

I slouch in my seat and cross my arms while everyone just sits there silently.

Ben clears his throat after a couple minutes and turns to Mal. "I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to."

Mal shrugs. "I mean, as long as you're safe, that's all," she trails off.

"I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people too." He pauses. "Uma helped me see that."

"Ben, Uma captured you."

Ben shakes his head. "She's an angry girl with a bad plan." He glances at me. "No offense, Harper."

"None taken."

Ben nods then glances at Mal again. "That's no so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal."

Mal pauses then shakes her head and looks out the window.

"Awkward," Dude says.

"Dude," Evie says, clearing her throat.

Carlos leans down a little. "Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should."

"Well, I think that Hook guy is pretty cool for Harper," Dude says. "A little crazy, but so is she."

"Thank you, Dude. Wait—"

He smiles at me.

And we ride in silence.

"I'll get these back to the gym," Lonnie says, carrying the swords as we walk towards Auradon Prep.

"Thanks," Jay says, walking next to her.

"See you later," Lonnie says before walking off.

"Ben, there you are," Jane says, seeing us and walking up to Ben. "Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look."

Ben moves and looks at the tablet over Jane's shoulder.

"I can't believe you kissed Harry Hook," Evie says from next to me, shaking her head.

I groan. "Can we just not talk about it? I mentally preparing for Dad to find out about it."

Evie smiles. "Who says he will?"