༒chapter four༒

I'm laying on Carlos' bed while going through the tablet I stole from the limo. Carlos is on a small platform playing a video game while Jay is grabbing things from around the room to steal. Mal and Evie are standing near the table in the middle of the room.

"Jay, what are you doing?" Mal asks, walking over to him.

"It's called stealing," Jay says.

"Okay, what's the point?" Mal asks.

"Well," he turns to Mal and clears his throat, "Mal, it's like buying whatever I want, except it's free."

Mal chuckles. "Okay. So, you can do that, or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world."

"What's the fun in that?" I ask.

"You sound just like your mom," Evie says to Mal, then turns to me. "And you sound just like your dad."

"Thank you, E," we both say at the same time.

"You guys could be sisters, the way you do that talking at the same time shit," Jay says. Mal and I glance at each other and laugh nervously. Jay shrugs, obviously not getting any idea. "You do it your way and I'll do it mine."

"Die, suckers!" Carlos shouts at the TV. He turns to Jay. "Jay, come check this out! Man, it's awesome!" He hands the stick things to Jay, who takes them and stands on the platform. Carlos laughs and sits on his bed next to me, looking over my shoulder. "Ooo, what're you doing?"

"Trying to get all the files unlocked," I mumble, trying another password.

"Guys!" Mal says loudly. Jay is the only one that doesn't look over at her. "Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?"

"Fairy Godmother—blah, blah, blah," he says, turning to Mal quickly. "Magic wand—blah, blah, blah."

The four of us laugh, and Mal rolls her eyes.

"Technically," I say, "I wasn't informed of the plan. So, that means your lives are on the line, not mine."

Carlos and Evie chuckle.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents!"

We all stop laughing and actually look at her. Just shows how much we all want our parents approval, even if we act like we don't care.

"To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel. Yeah?"

"Yeah," the others say.

Mal turns to me as I mumble, "Way to lighten the mood." She glares. "Okay, yeah."

"Evie, mirror me."

We all walk over to Mal and Evie, who are now sitting at the table.

"Mirror, mirror, on the—in my hand," Evie addresses. "Where is Fairy Godmother's wand stand?"

"There it is!" Mal says as the mirror shows the wand.

"But where is there?" I ask.

"Zoom out," Carlos says.

"Magic mirror, not so close," Evie says. The mirror shows the world instead. "Closer. Closer. Closer. Closer."

"Can I go back to my game?" Carlos asks. "I'm on level three."

"Stop!" Jay shouts.

"It's in a museum?" Mal asks at the same time I say, "Figures."

"Do we know where that is?" Mal asks.

Carlos starts typing on his laptop before saying, "2.3 miles from here." He turns the laptop to us.

"Great," I say, grabbing my jacket from a chair. "Let's go."