༒chapter three༒

We all stand there for an awkward moment before Ben starts towards Jay. "It is so, so, so good to finally me—et you all," he says, getting punched by Jay in the arm. They both smile at each other.

Ben moves to Mal and shakes her hands, putting his free hand on top of their shaking ones. They stare at each other until I clear my throat.

Ben looks over at me, and starts towards me. "This is a momentous occasion," he says, shaking my hand. After a second, and me trying to burn him slightly, he has to pull his hand away and chuckle nervously.

Then he glances at me again before going to Carlos. "And one that I hope will go down in history." He shakes Carlos' hand and pulls away, smiling nervously at the chocolate on his hand. "And chocolate."

He shakes Evie's hand. "As the day our two peoples began to heal."

"Or the day that you showed five peoples where the bathrooms are," Mal interrupts. She turns her head to me. "Right, Harp?" I nod and smirk at her.

Audrey grabs his arm and pulls him away from Evie. "A little bit over the top?" he asks Mal, then glances at me.

"Little more than a little bit," Mal says, glancing at him as he chuckles.

"Well, so much for my first impression," Ben says. Him and Mal both smile and laugh.

"Hey!" Audrey says. "You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you?" she asks Mal. Mal raises a brow. "Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff." Mal raises both brows and nods. Audrey turns to us. "Oh, my mom's Aurora. Sleeping—"

"Beauty!" Mal interrupts. "Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world, but my mother to their stupid christening."

"Water under the bridge."

"Totes!" Mal says, and they both force a laugh.

I start walking past Audrey, patting her shoulder. She looks at me like I'm some sort of disease. "If I was Mal, I'd keep the hatchet above the surface and throw it at you."

Ben looks at me before clapping. "Okay! So, how about a tour? Yeah?" He waits for all of us to nod before taking a step back. "Auradon Prep, originally built over three hundred years ago."

We all glance at each other as Ben and Audrey start walking. We follow after them.

"And converted into a high school by my father when he became king." We stop in front a statue of what must be the beast in human form. Ben claps his hands twice and the statue transforms into the beast's beast state.

Carlos screams and jumps towards me. I reluctantly put my arms out to hold him. He looks horrified when he glances between me, the statue, and Jay. Carlos grabs the back of my head to steady himself.

Jay shakes his head when the others look over at us. "Carlos, it's okay," Ben says. "My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible."

"Does he shed much?" Mal asks.

"Yeah, Mom won't let him on the couch," Ben jokes, getting a smile out of Mal.

They start walking again. I drop Carlos, and he grabs onto my hand and squeezes it tightly as Jay starts ushering us forward after the others.

"So, you guys have a lot of magic here at Auradon?" Mal asks as we all walk into the school. She claps her hands together. "Like wands and things like that?" Way to be subtle, Mal.

We get weird looks from some of the kids in the room, and I glare at them. My eyes flash an electric blue, and they look away quickly.

Jay smirks at me and punches my shoulder. "What'd you do with that hand shake with Princey?" he asks quietly.