༒chapter nineteen༒

Carlos, Jay, Evie, Mal, and I all walk into the Isle

Carlos, Jay, Evie, Mal, and I all walk into the Isle. Kids surround us, going crazy. A girl is up in a window with a paper in her hand, begging Mal while the rest of us walk around and acknowledge some of the kids here.

When we start to go our separate ways, I grab two apples and toss some money to the person running the stand. They seem happy enough when I start walking away. I bite into one of the apples as I walk towards two people carrying buckets full of apples. They're eyes widen when they see me.

Their mouths open a little and I put the apples in their mouths, grabbing an apple from one of the buckets as I turn and walk backwards. I walk around the alley back to the area we were in and climb up a building.

Jay stands next to me and winks. At the same time, we both slide down the slanted roof and land on our feet laughing. He grabs the hat off my head and hands it to me. I roll my eyes and put Harry's hat back on before we high five and go our separate ways again.

I climb the pipes and walk along one to get to the roof of a green house before I slide down the pipe on the side and land on the dirt. When I get to the doors and push them open and walk in, a girl with dark wavy hair looks up at me.

She glances down at the flower in front of her before nodding me over. I go to her and look over her shoulder.

"It's not glowing yet," she says, looking back up at me.

"You'll get it soon I bet," I say, patting her shoulder as I look down at the yellow-petaled flower with a pink and purple center. "Break time."

She smiles up at me as I start walking backwards out of the greenhouse. She clicks her light off and moves a magnifying glass before walking with me back to the open area. She puts her hood up on the way.

I wave at her with my fingers as I start up a set of stairs and she stays down at the bottom with the other kids. Carlos swings his arm around me when I get up to the platform and we go to the railing.

Him and Jay jump over the railing and glance down. I push their backs and they fall forward, getting caught by a few kids at the bottom.

"All you, Harp!" Jay shouts up at me.

I roll my eyes and hop over the railing before jumping down. Jay and Carlos catch me before letting me stand. We all glance at each other and dust off both our shoulders, smiling and laughing.

Jay grabs my hand and twirls me around before pushing me towards Carlos, who does the same thing.

"Up, up!" Carlos says, gesturing to the platform that we just jumped off. I roll my eyes as they take the stairs. I start climbing the front and slide over the railing before they get to the top. I flip them off and they smile at me.

"Who wants to go?" Mal asks. "You?"

"Yes, pick me, Mal! Pick me!" a girl yells.

Mal and Evie turn and start walking away.

I huff and turn to them. "You're telling me I gotta get off this thing again?"

When they keep walking I roll my eyes and turn, resting my wrists on the railing.

"Harper!"

"Coming!"

I turn and start walking where Evie and Mal left from to get the papers. I sigh when I look down at the paper. Since I can't bring all the people I want, I can only take one. And the others all told me we were going for the younger part of the generation. So, my greenhouse friend will be a good choice.

I do love this idea. VK Day. They only thing is, history is bound to repeat itself. We'll pick five kids, and all the others will feel left out. And I wish that we could bring everyone over anyway.

Evie pats my back. "Ready?"

I look up at her and nod. "Read as I'll ever be?"

Jay nods from next to me. "Correct answer."

"Let's go, Losers," Carlos says.

Him and Jay walk to the end of the stairs while Evie, Mal, and I go to the center railing. Everyone cheers as they see us with the papers.

"I can't believe this day has finally arrived!" Evie says cheerfully, which makes people cheer more.

"Honestly, I wish we could take you all with us," I say, nudging the hat out of my eyes so I can see.

"It would make us all beyond happy," Mal says, "But, sadly, that's not the case."

"Some day, very soon, maybe we'll be able to," Evie says.

"Yeah, we're gonna be back here so many time," Mal starts.

"You'll be so sick of us," we say at the same time. We glance at each other and smile weakly. We've still been awkward since the whole Harry situation and Uma spelling Ben situation.

"So sick of us," Evie agrees, laughing. "Can I get a drum roll, please?"

Everyone starts stomping their feet on the ground, smiling and laughing.

"First, I would like to begin," Evie goes on, "with the granddaughter of Lady Tremaine, daughter of Drizella, my sweet, sweet, friend, my Dizzy."

Dizzy screams and a boy behind her shakes her shoulders happily. Everyone cheers Dizzy on as she runs up behind us.

"Next," Carlos says, opening his paper, "is son of Smee." He waves them over. "Come on, Squeaky." Everyone cheers again as Smee nudges Squeaky and he walks over to Carlos, who gives him a side hug.

Jay shakes his head. "And no way we're splitting up the twins, so get over here, Squirmy, come on!" Squirmy runs over to Jay and hugs him. "Bring it in!" Jay shouts.

"Now, we all picked this girl because we all agreed that she could use a little bit of Fairy Godmother's goodness class," Mal says. "Give it up for Dr. Facilier's daughter, Celia!"

Celia brushes her hair out of her face. "I'm bad," she says, doing a twirl before making her way towards us.

I rest my wrists on the railing and lean forwards. "Okay, and last, but certainly not least, is the daughter of Mother Gothel, Ginny Gothel."

Ginny moves her hood off her head as people start cheering for her. I wink at her as she starts to walk towards us. Jay and Carlos come up with the twins as I give Ginny a side hug.

"We'll be back for you guys next week, all right?" Carlos asks.

"Yeah, so, pack your stuff," Jay says, then clarifies, "your own stuff."

"Yeah, and don't steal the stuff in the limo when we pick you up," I say, then eye Jay and Carlos, "Because it didn't work out so well for some people."

Carlos laughs and Jay smiles but tries to hide it. "Okay, okay," Jay says. "You still have that stupid tablet."

"And I still haven't gotten caught," I state, then point to the kids around us. "Don't tell anyone I stole that. I'm on a winning streak here."

"Where are we going?" Mal and Evie ask at the same time.

Celia, Dizzy, and Ginny all smile and start, "We're going to—"

"Auradon!" all the other kids yell with them.

Ginny looks up at me and flicks the hat. "New hat?" I chuckle and nod. She squints. "Didn't take you for the pirate hat wearing type."

"Oh, it's probably her boyfriend's," Celia says.

"Celia!"

"What?" she asks, turning to me, then she squints at me. "Sorry, you're not dating yet."

"Oh my god," I laugh.