New Roommate

Eira thought over the suggestion Zola gave earlier about coffee, but her phone's buzzing brought her attention away from caffeine momentarily.

"Jess! I was wondering where you were! Kallos is soo lovely. The trees are–"

"Alright, alright! The trees are in such a beautiful colour! We get it. You were always that person. If someone hears you, they'd think you were the floral wielder not me."

Eira chuckled but she heard the off-ness in Jess' tone. "What is it?"

"My roommate–"

"Is your potential future lover?"

"No! Eira, be serious!"

"Haha! Okay! What is it?"

Eira could hear shuffling and Jess' breath. The background noise became wider, more open, Jess was letting out a deep sigh– she was outside.

"My roommate is... I don't know."

"How weird?"

"Okay, her name's Angie. She was in the room already, but my gut feeling says nah."

"Gut feeling?"

"Yeah!"

"Did you two say anything?"

"We said 'hi' and we introduced each other. She said things like she likes netball too, but I doubt it was serious. Not a single equipment or sports shirt at her side of the room."

"Maybe it's in her wardrobe."

Jess made a sound. "Anyway, I was unpacking, and I could feel her gaze."

"She's curious? Maybe?"

"Wow, Eira, you're too good of a person sometimes. Too good in a bad way."

"Okay, sorry. How did she look?"

"Well, she seems... neat. There's nothing out of the ordinary. I just... ugh, I wish you were here so you could see what she was doing. I wanted to call you, but I was like, hm, not while she's there."

Eira had another series of things to tell Jess. That perhaps she just wanted a new friend, or she had wanted to get to know you, but Eira was more than willing to stand on her friend's side first.

"Better safe than sorry. I could come over now."

"Really?"

"Yes, but I want food after."

Eira and Jess' deal was set in stone. Eira made her way to Jess' dorm in a few moments in time and walked upstairs. She entered the dorm with similar setting as her and Zola's, except their view was of the ocean.

"Wow," Eira gasped.

"Nice view, isn't it?"

Eira's focus shifted to the girl in brown, curly ponytails and green eyes that reminded her of the forest. It was light in colour and very alluring.

"Angie," She waved. Eira noticed her hands had graphite stains.

Art student.

"And I'm Eira," Eira nodded. "Jess' friend."

"Nice to meet you."

"Same back."

Eira looked around. Jess' side was, as her friend had described, mid-way into unpacking. Jess had continued with the work while Eira had conversed with Angie. Angie's side was spotless, neater than Eira and Jess combined. The only thing messed up was the bed which Angie sat on.