A Fish in the Ocean

The first thing Eira got in the morning was Jess' phone call. They had a quick exchange and decided that the whole team needed to come back, and it was only Eira who was going to do that since she had no idea what Jason's plan was. 

"Well..." Jess paused for a moment, "Who saw Nick last?"

"Jason... Me." Eira blinked, "I needed to look at the files again to know the time. We were too shocked to find out the details, we just saw... his body."

"I can imagine how you must've felt," Jess sounded so mature and strong in the phone, it surprised Eira. 

"He must've gone somewhere right after..." Eira spoke her thoughts out loud. She felt her throat constrict, "My dad's under investigation too for the explosion. Once Luke is at court, the investigation will quicken up and he'll be able to come home."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry, will you come to the court with me?"

"For Lukas? Of course." Jess said, "Evans is making a mess of the human world and everyone thinks the Ryders did it."

"I've seen the news," Eira sat at her bay window, hoping to see Jason's cooper brown hair, but she know he wouldn't come, not now anyways. "I don't know what the Gataria government is doing but-"

Eira's voice disappeared, she thought she saw someone at the driveway but quickly go out of sight. She got up from the bay window and went out of her room. She looked down the hallway, where her parent's bedroom was located, where her mother would be sleeping – alone. 

Eira bit her lower lip, her guilt flooding her when she remember her tone against her mother, waiting for her husband to come home, dreading for her daughter's safety. 

Eira clutched onto the phone tighter and went straight downstairs, she moved as quickly as she could without making any sound. 

"Eira?"

"I thought I saw someone, I'm going to go and check."

She quickly wrote a note, tore it from the notepad and left it on the fridge. The door clicked open, and she was gone like a snowflake in the icy breeze.

--- 

She didn't know where she was walking to, like not knowing whether or not she'll get a reply from Jason. Eira had messaged Jason last night before she went to sleep, and first thing in the morning to check on him, with baited breath. There was no reply, and Eira had no choice but to keep still in bed, until Jess had called her. 

"I think I should stay with you on the line," Jess mentioned, just when Eira had successfully connected her wireless earphone with her phone. She placed it in her ear and her phone in her back pocket. 

"And I think... that's a good idea." Eira crossed the road and stopped in the centre. She observed the area. There were relatively no cars in her neighbourhood, the sun not as warm in the morning. She turned to check her other side – there was no sight of that mysterious figure. 

"Where are you? I'm going to come and find you."

Eira didn't reply, she followed her senses. She ducked into the shadows and wished that she had Jason to tell her where the warmth led to... well, not anymore. 

At the corner of her eyes, the shadow flitted again. She heard something resembling a shuffle of footsteps. She kept jogging down the path. 

"Where are you Eira?"

"Near the lake."

Lake.

Eira took in a harsh breath and stopped in her steps. There it was, the lake. It was a completely different scene, nothing horrible could possibly happen here at the lake looking as beautiful as that. Eira felt a deep connection with the presence of the water, it was abundant and alive;  she felt the particles move in a certain direction. She lifted her arm, the current changed it's direction and was drawn towards her, piling onto the soil and sucked beneath.